User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
Spring is on it's way.... is it ?

Post by Snev » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:29 pm

Well I decided to get in the Garage and throw back the covers on the Tuono and take a look..... It's such a lovely thing, i've decided to Insure it and MOT is booked for Tuesday..... Got a few spanners out and adjusted the Handlebars and controls as they just felt wrong........ Started it up and bugger me, was it good.../.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Spring is on it's way.... is it ?

Post by Ninjachica » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:20 pm

Well done.

Too bleddy windy to ride a bike here!

Hopefully get the vstrom out next weekend.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Spring is on it's way.... is it ?

Post by Snev » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:09 am

I'm watching the weather as It was giving -2 for Monday night. which would trigger the Gritters....... no way i'm taking it anywhere in wet salty conditions.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Spring is on it's way.... is it ?

Post by Beelady » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:49 pm

I knew all this riding about, looking at daffodils was too good to last. So cold and windy here. Hail, rain and gales, all at once.
I'm longing to take my bike out. I am enjoying it more each time. I still can't get used to the lack of power from such a big engine, but the sheer ease of managing it and the novelty of not having to worry about keeping the front wheel on the deck is making up for the loss of excitement. Probably better for my blood pressure, too :D

Once the weather calms I have my new pannier rails ready to fit. I will be ordering full size panniers for my little weekend away trips but I have the smaller set for now. Plenty of room for a weeks shopping and I have room for a tool kit and my air pump and puncture kit. Or a flask of black coffee and a tin of buns. Priorities!

Tomorrow's supposed to be better. Hope so!

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Spring is on it's way.... is it ?

Post by Snev » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:43 pm

It's great to see you are happy with your new bike Bee, I think It's nice to ride different Bikes with different power and handling characteristics and It's just nice to get to know a new "Friend" ...... My Tuono passed It's MOT no probs and now It's my new friend..... I have adjusted handlebars and Controls which make it more comfy and natural so It's some consolation for having to sell the MT09 at least...... Not going to Tax it till Friday though as I'd just be blowing a months worth if I did it now....... March 1 the first is my new life starting point though...... I'm done with being beaten up now.......
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Spring is on it's way.... is it ?

Post by Beelady » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:05 pm

A pass! Always good news.
I braved the cold for a short ride out to lunch with my usual riding chums. It was bright and the wind has dropped but it was only just above freezing. I was going to fit my rails by myself, after lots of Youtube lessons, but forgot that knowing how to do something doesn't make things any easier to undo stuff. Defeated and very cold, I asked for help and, of course, with an expert on the job it was soon done.
Panniers fitted, it seemed rude not to take them out to lunch. We didn't go far but it was a lovely ride and I came hone the long way round.
Still cold. I didn't think it was very fair to expect my Barkbusters done as well. I can usually manage those myself, so that'll be a job before a breakfast meeting with other Triumph owners tomorrow.

And if I do say so myself, I'm getting better with the Bonneville. I wanted to overtake two cars at once. Plenty of time and space so I knocked it down two gears and it really went! SO much better. Sounded as if it enjoyed it. :devil:
I want to do it again! And again........

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Spring is on it's way.... is it ?

Post by Snev » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:37 pm

It's a bit of good news that's for sure.... I think It's also a bit of a reality check for me after all the years of being able to buy so many new bikes ........ On Reflection, I've had a great run... a great load of fun and i've lived life at full throttle....... most importantly though, I proved that my life was not set in stone.... not going to be lived in poverty and not the life I was resigned too..... so if any of that makes sense, I'm rather more happy with it than I was a few days/Weeks/Months ago.......... March 1st is the start of the rest of my life........ as a once famous MCN Member used to say "Fuck It, Fuck Them and Fuck you all too" ..... :D .....and another thing..... It was 10 years a go that I was invited to test the MT09 on MCN........ Ten bloody years !!!!!!
Ok, I confess.......

Post Reply