User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Sad

Post by Ninjachica » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:59 am

I think the ninja is going to be put to bed.
I can no longer get insurance. (It's still on uk plates)
Darned brexit
Can't complain. I've been riding it long enough out there.
(Too expensive and too complicated to re register)
I always knew it would happen at some point.

Now need to find a new sunshine bike!
Then maybe ship the ninja back here. Have to give it all some thought.
Meanwhile, I'll just have to cuddle Ed when we go out 😁
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Sad

Post by Beelady » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:44 pm

Oh, it's very sad! Poor bike.

I hope you bring it back so it can start another life. Fun to choose another bike.
I'm sure Ed won't mind extra cuddles :)

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Sad

Post by CantCorner » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:40 am

NC
Can't you insure it in the UK with cover for Euroland . How will the insurance company know that it's permanently in Spain ?
:devil: :devil:
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Sad

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:01 pm

CantCorner wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:40 am
NC
Can't you insure it in the UK with cover for Euroland . How will the insurance company know that it's permanently in Spain ?
:devil: :devil:
It would need a uk mot and tax.
A few years yet before it is old enough not to need them.
If anything happened, they would want evidence of crossing
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Sad

Post by Ninjachica » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:35 pm

Made my mind up.
I'm going to sell some shares and buy a Spanish bike. There's loads out there for around €5k.

I'm not allowed to sell until mid March, so hope to have something in April.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Sad

Post by Snev » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:54 am

This post has had 1448 Views....... hmmmm so how come ?.... where are all the Viewers ?
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Sad

Post by Beelady » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:01 am

New bike shopping!
And I'm betting that one day, sometime in the future, you will want to start the Ninja and as long as the battery is good it will burst into life again, ready to go.
Mine does, although I sometimes have to turn the tap to prime it. I shall sell mine. It's too good to sit under a cover all the time and though I hate to admit it, my new bike is so much more comfortable and I can do far more miles on it.
So hard to actually do though. It's saved me so many times over the last 6 years. I wish my pension ran to the expense of two lots of tax and insurance.

Enjoy the search :)

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Sad

Post by Beelady » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:06 am

Snev wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:54 am
This post has had 1448 Views....... hmmmm so how come ?.... where are all the Viewers ?
Probably mostly me, forgetting that I've already read this post 1449 times....... :D

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Sad

Post by Snev » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:18 pm

:D ... I just find it odd that there are only really 5 of us here yet nearly 1500 "People" have viewed it......... are we being watched.... :shock:
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Sad

Post by Beelady » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:11 pm

I'm always being watched. It's the Government, I reckon. I still have a communications ban. They seem to have a long memory :)
Maybe I spent too much time talking to Tom Piglet, in the old days. He was a bit paranoid about being watched. He's An adopted American though, so he's probably right :D

Post Reply