User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
Pipes and Bells !

Post by Snev » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:04 am

Managed to find a mint set of original pipes for £100 which were taken off a new bike 13 years ago and dry stored. It also had two bar end weights in the packaging which was nice as I needed a new one but couldn't find one anywhere.... Had to pick them up from Barnstaple so I visited my Mum as well and She gave me my Grandad's Bell that he nicked off his ship at the end of the War... Nice day all round. A few pics of the bike and the Bell.
IMG_5780.JPG
IMG_5780.JPG (151.18KiB)Viewed 1330 times
IMG_5780.JPG
IMG_5780.JPG (151.18KiB)Viewed 1330 times
IMG_5782.JPG
IMG_5782.JPG (132.54KiB)Viewed 1330 times
Attachments
IMG_5781.JPG
IMG_5781.JPG (121.99KiB)Viewed 1330 times
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Pipes and Bells !

Post by Snev » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:05 am

IMG_5784.JPG
IMG_5784.JPG (125.52KiB)Viewed 1329 times
IMG_5785.JPG
IMG_5785.JPG (141.29KiB)Viewed 1329 times
IMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5786.JPG (124.2KiB)Viewed 1329 times
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Pipes and Bells !

Post by Ninjachica » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:22 pm

That bell looks a bit big to fit on your bike.

I know Guardian Bells are meant to be lucky, but I'd give that a miss.
🤪🤪🤪
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Pipes and Bells !

Post by Snev » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:29 am

I had to look up "Guardian Bell" lol, never really heard of it before !!! Yup a bit big for a bike. it came off HMS Azalea which was one of the ships he served on, a Flower class Corvette, he also served on Mountbatten's ship HMS Kelly. This bell has been sat on a step in his house for decades and was promised to me when the house was sold. The house is being sold to pay for my Auntie's care home fees.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Pipes and Bells !

Post by Beelady » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:11 pm

The bike looks beautiful! So clean.
The bell's nice too. I like a bit of family history and something that keeps the story alive and remembered.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Pipes and Bells !

Post by Snev » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:34 am

It's virtually Mint, just changed a few bolts, that's all. The Bell is a great Family treasure, I'm glad to have it. One was sold at auction for £2400 a while back.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Pipes and Bells !

Post by CantCorner » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:59 pm

Bike looking like the DB's Nev . :tup:
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Pipes and Bells !

Cheers.. Managed a couple of good rides now, It's great to be honest.... no faults so far.

Post by CantCorner » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:00 pm

Snev wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:10 am
Cheers.. Managed a couple of good rides now, It's great to be honest.... no faults so far.
Hope it stays that way , friend of mine had a RSVR which he gave away for nothing due to the amount of electrical problems . Bit extreme but it did more mileage on the back of an AA flatbed than it did under its own steam .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Pipes and Bells !

Post by Snev » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:02 am

They do have Issues but most seem to be fairly good from what I'm reading on the various forums.... This one will be a garage Queen mostly.... I'm just changing about 10 nuts for nice new shiny ones then It'll be a Show Bike for when I'm Old !
Ok, I confess.......

Post Reply