User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm
House on stop

Post by CantCorner » Tue May 17, 2022 1:09 pm

Due to financial constraints my house extension build has come to a stop . I was hoping to do a lot myself to save funds but with working away , it meant paying the builder . :(
IMG_001.jpeg
IMG_001.jpeg (105.85KiB)Viewed 749 times
IMG_002.jpeg
IMG_002.jpeg (132.13KiB)Viewed 749 times
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: House on stop

Post by CantCorner » Tue May 17, 2022 1:12 pm

IMG_003.jpeg
IMG_003.jpeg (200.99KiB)Viewed 748 times
IMG_004.jpeg
IMG_004.jpeg (97.15KiB)Viewed 748 times
Weatherproof but unfinished inside . Bit by bit over the next couple of years .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: House on stop

Post by Ninjachica » Tue May 17, 2022 10:15 pm

I love the different roof lines. Nice touch.

The inside always takes longer than originally planned anyway 😁😉
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: House on stop

Post by Snev » Wed May 18, 2022 6:19 am

You must have the most expensive house in Wales by now.... :D
Ok, I confess.......

Post by CantCorner » Wed May 18, 2022 9:49 am

Snev wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:19 am
You must have the most expensive house in Wales by now.... :D
Probably the most expensive in Wales but definitely not the most valuable !
Only I could start a build just as the cost of materials sky-rocket . :(

Post by CantCorner » Wed May 18, 2022 9:54 am

Ninjachica wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:15 pm
I love the different roof lines. Nice touch.

The inside always takes longer than originally planned anyway 😁😉
Matching roof tiles were double the price so not intentional . Hope these one weather to the same colour before the building inspector arrives . :devil:
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: House on stop

Post by Beelady » Wed May 18, 2022 4:54 pm

How frustrating for you. There are some things in life you just can't plan for, but at least you have a roof. You'll get the rest done eventually.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: House on stop

Post by bobsnicholson » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:05 pm

I was wondering how the works were going.
Very smart.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply