love these

Post any non-bike-related pics in here
Snev
love these

Post by Snev » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:10 pm

Honda CB500 ....... It's a loan bike but i really like riding it and it's been raining here today so it didn't matter getting it all dirty :)
IMG_4152.JPG
IMG_4152.JPG (153.23KiB)Viewed 514 times
Ok, I confess.......

Beelady

Re: love these

Post by Beelady » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:58 am

Fun to try something different now and again.

I almost got a loan bike when the Striple went for its first service, many years ago, but they had a Bonneville and my feet were too small to reach the gear and rear brake levers. I had a go, but wobbled hugely on every gear change.
Apparently it was really scary to watch :D
Once round the block was enough. I took it back and excnaged it for a comfy chair, black coffee and doughnuts, so it wasn't all bad :)

Snev

Post by Snev » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:13 pm

I'd like the Coffee but prefer the wobble around truth be known............ anyway the Honda was returned yesterday morning and the MT was taken home rather slowly due to the Shitty Roads............ It went out today despite the still shitty roads but no real hooning was to be had.............it looks like a few months now until the dry stuff returns here...... so annoying and frustrating ........
Ok, I confess.......

Beelady

Post by Beelady » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:25 pm

You must be longing to find out what it can really do :)

Snev

Post by Snev » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:31 am

Yes, To be honest, it feels really feisty and deffo quicker than my old one.... the sound it makes with the new pipe is glorious and it pops on every upshift....... will take it out today as I have a day off....... Have you managed to get that 'Tank' off your Kawasaki yet ?
Ok, I confess.......

Beelady

Post by Beelady » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:21 am

No need to remove the tank in the end. I kept coming back to the fact that both sides were equally hot and it had started popping when I changed down, which didn't seem to fit with my original idea.
Then Phil suggested I checked the exhaust for leaks and I was just leaning over the seat, with the bike running, and one of my race buddies lying on the floor looking underneath, when it started to smoke, backfired really loudly and blew a hole underneath the down pipes where two join into one.
Poor Rob already had a hangover. I don't think it did him much good, but at least it's now very clear where the problem lies :D
Sothe search is on. I haven't yet found an original system new, but there are options. It's possible that it can be repaired, although I'm not very keen. It would get me going again though, which I need, really.
Apart from that, I'm having a look on ebay. I just need to be sure I don't buy another almost as bad as mine!
If that doesn't work out I can buy a different system. Phil's already found somewhere to get one.
What a good thing I have such clever friends. Saved me messing about, looking in the wrong place for the cause :)