User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
Proper Power !

Post by Snev » Wed May 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Well not actually, It's just assisted power that helps make it easier to peddle ................ Not been too far yet so can't quite give a decent review however, it was pretty easy for me even up a hill so, all good so far. Would I buy an Electric MC ? not sure yet. What I do like though is the fact that it can be charged whilst driving along in the MH using Sunlight and whilst parked up so it's sort of free ! Seat's bloody hard though !
IMG_2728.JPG
IMG_2728.JPG (143.92KiB)Viewed 556 times
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Proper Power !

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed May 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Let us know what sort of range you get.
I want one without peddles, sod that cycling stuff, too much like hard work.
Do you put them on the bike rack? if so well secured i hope.

We are on a lovely site at the mo. Great pub/food on a golf course. Fishing lakes, shops etc etc, all we need now is a bit of sun.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Proper Power !

Post by Snev » Wed May 26, 2021 5:08 pm

The ones without Pedels are a bit iffy in the Laws department, like E Scooters, there are lots of things illegal about how you use them...... I was going to pay £4150 for an Off Road Sur-Ron until I read up about them and where you can legally ride them..... If you are caught, you could lose your Licence !!!! so I bought the Grom instead but I found various problems with that so I decided to get this Bike to take on or in the MH........ Sammy rode it earlier and I'll be getting a Girly Version for her Birthday in June...... both fit on the rack and both will be Securely fixed that's for sure.... Mine weighs 23 KG's so It's easy enough to lift up and Load but more expensive bikes weigh less and go further than this £1099 bike..... (@ £800 on Ebay) This weekend I aim to use it to go fishing at the end of Calshot which is a fair old walk from where I'll be parked up and to be honest, I can't walk that far anymore so It's going to be good to be able to do it without all the pain and effort....... hopefully I'll catch a Bass too ! Your Site looks great Bob, enjoy..... :tup:
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Proper Power !

Post by Snev » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:29 pm

update..... Having now had this for a few months, I'd sum it up as great for just getting somewhere local without having to put too much effort in it....... The effective range is probably only about 25 miles if ridden gently on the flat with a few miles of hills, so not really anything ground breaking.... It does take a fair bit of effort to go up hills but not as much as a traditional bike........ Personally, I like it a lot for what it offers me and love the new found freedom it gives.... Wheelies are hard due to the weight ( Mine mostly !) and the exhaust note tends to wake people up on the quieter camp sites..... :D but apart from that, I'm happy that I bought it......... My mate down the road has a proper lightweight Pedal Bike which is way faster but he has to wear Lycra so I'm happy to just wear my normal Tee, Shorts and Flipping Floppers......
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Proper Power !

Post by Beelady » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:59 am

You'd get more miles to the ounce round here. We don't do hills :D

Post Reply