last ride !

Post by Snev » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 am

IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1583.JPG (184KiB)Viewed 784 times
Ok, I confess.......

Snev

Re: last ride !

Post by Snev » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:29 am

Blimey, didn't think it would show as It was taken on one of my other Cameras. Anyway, time to move on and have fun in other ways..... Had the ZZR 6 years and It's only done 11000 miles, @ 6000 of those were in the first year. ......... Proof of being able to get both feet flat !!!!!
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG (171.37KiB)Viewed 783 times
Ok, I confess.......

CantCorner

Post by CantCorner » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:06 am

When we met in Bourton on the Water you told me not to get rid of my ZZR as I would regret it . You were right !

Just saying . :devil:
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

Snev

Post by Snev » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 am

Bugger..... I did didn't I..... lol.
Ok, I confess.......

CantCorner

Post by CantCorner » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:01 pm

Problem was , the bike did not suit long distance touring which is probably 80% of my riding now . Coupled with a prolapsed disc in my back , it had to go , but for a Sunday blast I'd be hard pushed to find a better bike for having fun .
This year my FJR has been an ornament apart from the trip to Matlock so justifying a second bike to the o/h is treading on thin ice .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

Snev

Post by Snev » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:02 pm

Mine was brilliant for about 20% of the time but a real pain the rest...... just coming home on the new bike was really relaxing and totally ache free...... Verdict so far, it's very easy to ride, Smooth and crisp.... Gearbox is slick and the clutch is super light....... The salesman had stuck it in Spaz mode which basically meant half power and the highest interference from the TC...... I couldn't work out how to turn it off till I got home.... It was not very nice at all ! I think he did it deliberatly as a joke !!!!
Ok, I confess.......

bobsnicholson

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:09 pm

IMO for what little i know, bike like the ZZR, Hyabusa et al are fine weather weekend bikes for young and 40 ish blokes who have not scaffolded for decades????
A second bike that is rideable in comfort is a must. IMO you don't have to drag your knuckles on the road and stick your arse in the air to have fun on a bike...............well at least i don't.

Enjoy the new one Nev.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Snev

Post by Snev » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:32 pm

i've never really been a Sportsbike fan..... dabbled a few times but I always preferred the Sports Tourer types...... FJ1200, CBR1000F Blackbird, Busa, ZZR to name a few..... but at my age now, even these are painfull to ride so the Naked upright bikes appeal more....... I'm not a Cruiser person and I really don't want to jump on the Ewan Mcgregor /Charlie Boreman stuff but I've had a passionate affair with the MT09 over the past 7 Years and this latest bike is another angle that seems so far to be spot on with my requirements........... truth be known, I'll miss the Stupid quick acceleration of the Bonkers ZZR but I'll probably have a lot more fun..... more of the time.
Ok, I confess.......

Ninjachica

Post by Ninjachica » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Ed still has his old buds, and he’d have another one tomorrow.
That said, he hasn’t ridden it for a couple of years, as it needs a new fork leg, and he bought the v-strong instead!
He always said it was very comfortable. Belgium (spa) several times, Germany, south France...
For him, I think the stretch helped ease his back!

My ninja feels like a moped compared to the upright Fazer.

Triumph scrambler...??? 🤔
If it ain't fun, don't do it

bobsnicholson

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:50 pm

Just proves and shows different bikes for different people. They are all good.
In the 60s and 70s i would have been singing a different tune. been there done that sort of thing.
Work is for people that can't play golf.