"Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post any non-bike-related pics in here
User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
Re: "Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post by Snev » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:20 am

glad you're enjoying it..... good Pasty shop at the bottom of Budes highstreet.... to get to the beach you have to keep going through the town and towards the Golf Course.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: "Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:31 am

Today is going to be the coldest day for awhile so we may look at the beach from inside the car :D
Will walk around Bude as one is a bit sheltered.
Gonna warm up again tomorrow, so they say.

Good luck collecting the new bike.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: "Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post by Snev » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Look up Duck Pool Bay.... It's a few miles north of Bude... I'm not suggesting that you go there,
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG (131.4KiB)Viewed 748 times
not much there but I ofter take Daisy in the Tranny and Sleep there. It's a bit hard to get on the Sand as you have to scramble over lots of rocks and a stream but once you are there It's a lovely place to be.... I like going there when a Storm hits... it's just amazing to watch the power of the Wind and Sea.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: "Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Didn't go there but did do the beach............... well stood on it, looked at the big surf then walked into town. Had the best Pasty in the W>OR>R>R>L>L>LD> to die for. Forgot the name of the place. Pengenna??? or summat like that.
Your suggestion "at the end of the high street" was considered............the one we sat in to have may have been the one........who knows..... bloody lovely though.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: "Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post by Ninjachica » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 pm

Bob, are you meeting up with Roger while you are down there?

(Or are you keeping a safe distance 🤣🤣?)
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Post by Snev » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:15 am

bobsnicholson wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15 pm
Didn't go there but did do the beach............... well stood on it, looked at the big surf then walked into town. Had the best Pasty in the W>OR>R>R>L>L>LD> to die for. Forgot the name of the place. Pengenna??? or summat like that.
Your suggestion "at the end of the high street" was considered............the one we sat in to have may have been the one........who knows..... bloody lovely though.
that's the one.... It's on the corner bit at the Bottom of the Shopping bit/High street....... If you ever go to Barnstaple, try a Trevisiks Pie..... They also do other stuff including Plate Pasties. i'd post a link If I knew how......
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:01 am

Ninjachica wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 pm
Bob, are you meeting up with Roger while you are down there?

(Or are you keeping a safe distance 🤣🤣?)

Would meet up with him if he promised to come on his little tank :D

Is he still active on the other side?????? Ask him if he wants to sell his bike. I'll have it. :tup:
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: "Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:06 am

Did Clovelly..................cardiac hill coming back up. It turned commercial in 1988 so it was well before then that i last went. Hard to believe people live there. HRH had a wine at the Red Lion in the harbour, pepsi for me (don't drink and walk). Another great day. These lanes, jesus. Done more miles reversing than going forward.....again love it.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: "Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post by Snev » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:24 am

I refuse to go there.... had a bit of a row when I took my Ex and her two kids as it was a bloody rip off..... the woman at the till said well it's to pay for the upkeep, I said 'So nothing to do with Profit for the landowner or to pay for the enormous expensive Entrance Building then' ............
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: "Life Is a Pitch" now has a new friend.....

Post by bobsnicholson » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:16 pm

There was no transport down OR up, it had broken down. Comical seeing the geriatrics trying to get back up. The really really fat ones were best (you know all those with thyroid problems) nowt to do with not putting the effing fork down whist watching Corrie.
No probs for us 70 year old fit un's. Cardiac hill i called it. Enjoyed it.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply