User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
We got the Power.......

Post by Snev » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 am

Bit of a mission, had to get some special adhesive and a longer Ladder ! plus It was way too hot yesterday so I got up early this morning. Result is another power source independent of all the existing options plus a constant top up of the other batteries. Ready for the Weekend.
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG (112.14KiB)Viewed 704 times
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:07 am

Nice one :tup:
I wish i understood them more. Ours has a switch inside the cab. All i know is if it is on it is charging the batteries???
Don't know if i should do anything else. Ours looks like it's a similar size to yours. Trust you have sealed up around the fixing holes properly (or did you say it is glued on?????
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by Snev » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:51 am

Most systems are there to top up the leisure Battery and my MH only provides 12 volts when not Hooked up so this system includes an inverter and two additional 120 AH Batteries which gives 240 volts independently ....... Ideal for watching TV. it's all glued apart from having to drill holes through the roof for the cables but they are fed through a sealed box.... hopefully It'll not leak and the panel won't Fly away like my dear old Tarp !!!
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:06 pm

:tup: :D

Love to know what my panel is capable of. I know it charges the leisure battery/s and the man did say something else but he may as well have been talking in Chinese so i switched off.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by Snev » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:39 pm

Is It one of these.......?
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1433.JPG (108.17KiB)Viewed 697 times
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Similar. Having an awning fitted today. When i pick it up i will take a pic and try to upload it.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by Snev » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:35 pm

Probably not going to get one yet, if at all.... as Storage, amount of guests and Effort required limit it's appeal.... If I was too get one, It'll probably be one of those Air Inflatable ones..... We had the Fiamma sun shade thing extended and i'd probably add some sort of Wind Break but to be honest, It'll only really be the two of us sometimes and just me mostly...... I like a good Pic Bob.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:55 pm

The awning we are getting is probably what you are referring to as a sun shade.
Fitted to the side of the van. Wind out, bout 4mts long winding out to bout 3 mts.
Wind breaks being bought next few days. And 2 comfy sitting out reclining chairs.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by Snev » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:22 pm

Oh...... A Wind out then....... That's what we have.... It was fine but you have to decide which way you are going to park as It's Great in the evening as a shade but in the Morning It will be no use........
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: We got the Power.......

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:17 pm

Yes. They only put them on one side usually on the habitation door side. On the many times we rented we have found them invaluable.
See pics. I didn't put the legs down, just looking to see if the colour was ok, it is.

Looks like the solar charges engine battery OR leisure battery. Not sure if it helps out anywhere else, it's beyond me.
20200812_164849.jpg
20200812_164849.jpg (114.13KiB)Viewed 692 times
20200812_165008.jpg
20200812_165008.jpg (152.07KiB)Viewed 692 times
20200812_165032.jpg
20200812_165032.jpg (161.89KiB)Viewed 692 times
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply