Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Post any bike pictures you have in here
User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire
Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Post by bobsnicholson » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm

This is Jebal Jais in Ras Al Khaimah. Driven up and down many times in January in a Golf GTi (no bikes available but plenty on the road. Trust me, it's a spectacular drive/no doubt ride.

Image
Attachments
IMG_20180102_110735.jpg
IMG_20180102_110735.jpg (213.23KiB)Viewed 1020 times
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Podgehog
Posts:45
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am

Re: Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Post by Podgehog » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:57 pm

that looks stunning
I'm that guy that does stuff to the site that no one really notices

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Post by bobsnicholson » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:56 pm

I am not the best photo grafist?? my picture (i posted 3 but only one appeared) does not do the road justice.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Post by Piglet » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:00 am

Now has a 2.83-km zip line - a SuMo would still be more fun.
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:24 pm

It will be October before I'm out that way - but I think a 6 hour drive, for a wriggly bit might be a bit too far!

Looks stunning though :)
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Post by Beelady » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm

I'd love to ride that road. It looks so quiet there. I'd soon shatter the peace with my pipes. I can't keep them quiet, no matter how hard I try.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Brig, will be in Spain 18th pm April for about 10 day's ish. Driving down leaving early am 16th.

Post by Piglet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:04 am

Beelady wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm
I'd love to ride that road. It looks so quiet there. I'd soon shatter the peace with my pipes. I can't keep them quiet, no matter how hard I try.
I will lend you Ms. Bonnie - just a modest purr with the stock exhaust. :D
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Good road to ride (bit far to go though)

Post by Beelady » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Thank you piglet. I shall have to get some bigger boots as your Bonnie was built for people with larger feet then me. I am waiting for a turn on John's T120 as the gear change and brake lever are closer to the footpegs on the newer models. I keep meaning to take it for a run but get distracted by the Striple instead. It's so plush with the new suspension, I can't get enough time on it. :)

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by Ninjachica » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:19 pm

bobsnicholson wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:08 pm
Brig, will be in Spain 18th pm April for about 10 day's ish. Driving down leaving early am 16th.
Will miss you by a week 😟
I’ll send you Ed’s number, you can meet him for desayuno

Driving down eh? Ought to give you a bunch off stuff to drop off ... 😉
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Post Reply