User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Ponderosa 30 June

Post by Ninjachica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 am

I'm thinking of doing a ride out to Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. That means I'll be 15 minutes from the Ponderosa!

Anyone heading that way around tomorrow?

EDIT
I've changed the date to Saturday 30th June
Last edited by Ninjachica on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Ponderosa 23 June

Post by CantCorner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:37 am

Unfortunately working this weekend as I've three days off next week , so heading Cornwall direction ish or wherever the road takes me , on Wednesday .
Next time , as the run up the coast road for me to the Ponderosa is one of the best .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Ponderosa 23 June

Post by Piglet » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:07 pm

These grow in Great Britain?

Image
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Ponderosa 23 June

Post by CantCorner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Yes , we do have trees in the UK .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Ponderosa 23 June

Post by Ninjachica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:53 pm

I’ve made other plans now!

I’ll be riding around Staffordshire being followed by a policeman 😁
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Ponderosa 23 June

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

I've promised myself to do nowt this weekend. Need a bit of time for my hands and lots of other things to heal.
Had a run out mid afternoon around Delamere. It was one of those hate the bike days, crunching gearbox (did i ever mention about the shit gearbox), tyre pressure warning light came on, service indicator came on, and the suspension felt like, well, it had non.

Ponderosa, tomorrow, i might go, will decide 5 mins before i get togged up.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Ponderosa 23 June

Post by Ninjachica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:21 pm

bobsnicholson wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Ponderosa, tomorrow, i might go, will decide 5 mins before i get togged up.
I won’t be there!
But it is definitely on my to-do list
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Ponderosa 23 June

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 pm

You gave me a destination in my mind when you first mentioned it.
Last time i went it was freezing and i got drenched on the way home, orrible.
So might just go anyway.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Ponderosa 23 June

Post by Beelady » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Ponderosa Pine. We call those Western Yellow Pines in the UK, but yes, we have them here.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Ponderosa 30 June

Post by Ninjachica » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:57 am

The weather is looking good for this Saturday, so I'm trying again!

I plan to take in the Pontysilly Viaduct, Horseshoe Waterfall and the Ponderosa - In any order.

If anyone is up for it, let me know and I'll fit in with your time-table :-)
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Post Reply