Tiny scratches

Post your maintenance and cleaning questions and discussions in here
Post Reply
User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Tiny scratches

Post by Ninjachica » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm

Bummer. Must have had something caught on my trousers, and I now have a patch of fine scratches on the tank 😟😟

Recommendations?
Do I use t-cut?
Do I get one of those magic pens?
Or shall I just fill them in with crayon?
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Tiny scratches

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:02 am

If it was my bike it would be an excuse to buy a new.....................bike not tank
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Tiny scratches

Post by Piglet » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:48 pm

bobsnicholson wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:02 am
If it was my bike it would be an excuse to buy a new.....................bike not tank
Not a full re-spray to white?
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Tiny scratches

Post by Beelady » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Careful T cut, followed by crayons if it doesn't work. Last resort, buy stickers to cover it up.

User avatar
Podgehog
Posts:45
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am

Re: Tiny scratches

Post by Podgehog » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:36 am

How deep are they? I've got some good polishes that may work...

((if you can feel them with your fingernail, they're usually too deep to polish out))
I'm that guy that does stuff to the site that no one really notices

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Tiny scratches

Post by Ninjachica » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Podgehog wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:36 am
How deep are they? I've got some good polishes that may work...

((if you can feel them with your fingernail, they're usually too deep to polish out))
Might be too deep - I need to wash the bike first, then have a think about it.
I'm sure no one else will even see them - but I know they're there.

Bit of boot polish rubbed in will probably do the trick...
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Post Reply