Harpic

Post your maintenance and cleaning questions and discussions in here
User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm
Re: Harpic

Post by Beelady » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:37 pm

I once sprayed it on when it was already warm. Never again. I always put it on cold and then warm it up and disappear in a cloud of faintly purple smoke.
I seem to have disconnected my Scottoiler somehow. I discovered it when I took the seat off to spray under it with ACF50. Now trying to pluck up courage to lift the tank, (which is a major job on a Street Triple) and reconnect it. I know it's supposed to push onto a spare vacuum connection on the throttle bodies and I know what the throttle bodies look like, I just can't do it, in case I'm suffering a rush of over confidence. I assume it could be a problem if I accidently get it wrong. I'm not sure if a stiff drink would help. Probably not. I think I may have to call an expert.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Harpic

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:50 am

Are there any Purple Triumphs with shaft drive???? :-S
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Harpic

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:49 pm

I’m thinking of getting a scotoiler on the Fazer. I have one on the ninja.

But I also want a satnav and a tank bag that fits the filler cap, and ...

Might have to ask 🎅🏻
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Harpic

Post by Beelady » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Panic over. I asked Phil's advice while we were shovelling in food at lunchtime. He told me it's probably the breather pipe, so I had a look when I got home and then managed to find the original instructions to double check. He was right, thank goodness. I'm very happy. I've actually been lying awake at night worrying I'm going to mess it up, trying to fix it myself.

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Harpic

Post by Piglet » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 am

bobsnicholson wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:50 am
Are there any Purple Triumphs with shaft drive???? :-S
Could always respray a white Explorer or Trophy.
"It's just banter." - Snev

Post Reply