Grom. again....

Talk about your projects and post pictures of them in here
Post Reply
User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
Grom. again....

Post by Snev » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:04 am

Had a message to say It's now on the bench being worked on... even got a pic sent showing all it's innards hanging out........ It's having a heavy duty Clutch, high capacity oil pump, Oil Filter and custom built Clutch casing with oil level viewing glass and a whole bunch of Oil way machining to help cool the head...... hopefully this will help the engine run for more than 3 miles !!!! :D
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Grom. again....

Post by CantCorner » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:08 pm

Hope it's worth the time and investment when you finally get this Grom on the road .

Dare I say , this saga is almost as long as it takes a certain person to MoT their bike (or find a USB cable) :D :D :D
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Grom. again....

Post by Snev » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:01 pm

Don't I bloody know it............... This is a Saga that has had no easy Exit and i am acutely aware of the Stupidity of it's duration but on balance, I had to play it out.......... the one thing I'll be taking from it though, is that i'll never use these people again and if it actually does run reliably, ~I'll stick in in the shed and forget it as there is no way I'll be selling it after all it has cost....... that way, I lose nothing....... :( :( :( if that makes sense.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Grom. again....

Post by Ninjachica » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:12 pm

... it's bonfire night on Saturday...
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Grom. again....

Post by Snev » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:57 am

Reckon i would have been better off making a bonfire out of the £12 thousand notes, at least I could have a nice warm Fire !!!
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Grom. again....

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:05 pm

Got more patience than me, i would have had the boys from Manchester go round and have a word. :shock:
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Grom. again....

Post by Snev » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:31 am

I can't be doing with the Stress Bob..... After dealing with the Public for 3 Decades being self employed, Stress is the one thing I no longer allow in my life...... if that makes sense.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Grom. again....

Post by bobsnicholson » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:36 am

30 years in business with Arabs, Indians, Pakis, Iranians and all sorts i hear you. :'-(
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Grom. again....

Post by Snev » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:52 am

When I see all these people going on strike, I just think it's sad that they are too lazy to just get a better paying job.... Self Employment was my route to better income but the Stress levels are a Killer when dealing with people employees and products......... I can't wait to stop working to be honest....... Met some Arabs many years ago in a Swanky Appartment block on Regents Street, We had to go and change about 200 Fire doors, it was my job to break in to each home as my arm was small enough to get through the letter box and turn the inside latch... ( We had no Keys).... But on one occasion, the door came open and I was confronted by a bunch of Arabs and a Salesman all sat on sofas staring at me in wonderment !!!! After the initial telling off, I was later congratulated for having shown how poor the security was....... :D
Ok, I confess.......

Post Reply