Double busy

Talk about your projects and post pictures of them in here
User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm
Double busy

Post by CantCorner » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:46 am

Decided a new bike workshop / pub / man-cave was required at home so every weekend since beginning of September .................

Dig out
IMG_1.jpg
IMG_1.jpg (223.6KiB)Viewed 1141 times

OCD kicked in filling the skip
IMG_2.jpg
IMG_2.jpg (232.99KiB)Viewed 1141 times
Throw some concrete down
IMG_3.jpeg
IMG_3.jpeg (126.57KiB)Viewed 1141 times
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Double busy

Post by CantCorner » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:50 am

Need to move the original shed to new position
IMG_4.jpeg
IMG_4.jpeg (119.59KiB)Viewed 1140 times
but first it needed emptying . :'-(
IMG_6.jpg
IMG_6.jpg (213.08KiB)Viewed 1140 times
Borrowed some wheels and off we go
IMG_7.jpg
IMG_7.jpg (170.8KiB)Viewed 1140 times
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Double busy

Post by CantCorner » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:57 am

New space for construction
IMG_9.jpeg
IMG_9.jpeg (115.71KiB)Viewed 1140 times

Base
IMG_12.jpeg
IMG_12.jpeg (141.56KiB)Viewed 1140 times
Walls :tup:
IMG_14.jpeg
IMG_14.jpeg (115.65KiB)Viewed 1140 times
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Double busy

Post by CantCorner » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:59 am

Now waiting for roof trusses to arrive and weather .
IMG_15.jpeg
IMG_15.jpeg (100.68KiB)Viewed 1140 times
Next job , move the oil tank .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Double busy

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Now that is a propper neat job and fantastic shed. Deffo a bit of OCD going on there.
Looking forward to seeing the finished job.
Wel jel, would love a nice big shed/workshop/bar like that but don't have the room. :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Double busy

Post by CantCorner » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Slow progress as I'm doing it all myself so updates may be few and far between . Plan of attack is to have it completed by the end of the year .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Double busy

Post by Ninjachica » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Years ago, my dad built up one of those steel sheds for me, on my patio. We then had to move it onto the new concrete base.
4 of us inside, mum outside giving directions.
She said it was the funniest thing she’d ever seen 😆😆
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Double busy

Post by Ninjachica » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:01 pm

It’s looking good Gareth 👍
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Double busy

Post by Beelady » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:32 am

I love sheds! I still get shed envy when I see someone else building one :)

You're very wise to do it yourself. When I bought John's workshop I paid to have the company that supplied it to build it and all we had to do was lay the base.
I made a grave mistake and left John and his bestie to get that done while I took my Mum up to London for a night away.
Came home and the whole building was two feet too far to the left, meaning I no longer had room for my compost heaps and the path round to my bee shed, where I used to process honey. :shock:

I was so angry! And it took me weeks to reclaim enough land to be able to get my work space back. Not helped by the constant happy noises and music coming from the workshop every day.

Somebody had to get his own drinks and snacks for some time after that... :)

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Double busy

Post by Snev » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:14 pm

bloody Heck ! ...... You fallen out with yer Wife ????? :D
Ok, I confess.......

Post Reply