User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm
Re: New bike time.

Post by Beelady » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:22 am

Progress is slow, mostly due to being too cold to breathe well out of doors, but my liking for the Bonneville is growing.
I reverted to Harley style riding and it responds well. I am tempted to fit an X pipe and get it remapped, but I shall save such silliness until I'm properly used to it :)

I have learnt that there are an awful lot of nooks and crannies that are hard to get to when I'm cleaning it, but I'll find them all and it will become second nature to clean those bits extra carefully.
Also that it's fine to use ACF50 over the ceramic coating. Whatever the white gunk it had all over it's chain does not stop rust. I am now using Scottoil, applied with a brush, until I use up my huge stock of it and then it can share the Kawasaki chain lube, which seems to give excellent protection.

So, still learning and looking forward to more time out on the road. I'm going to the bike show in February, to look for luggage, trinkets and turntables (although I can get it turned round with a bit of effort).
Can't wait for these storms to give up and leave us alone.

Post Reply