User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm
New bike time.

Post by Beelady » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:29 pm

I can't quite believe I've done it. I've part x'd the Street Triple for an almost 3 year old Street Twin. 6,000 miles on it, so only just run in really.
I have to take the Striple to the dealer on Tuesday, to give them time to do a service and move my sat-nav and optimate leads, and add a radiator guard to the new one. Then I can collect it on Friday.
I am not expecting fireworks from it and I have very mixed feelings about it, but it's lower and I can get both feet down properly. I think I'll find it easier to turn round on the drive and I have hopes that it will probably spend less time being repaired than the Street Triple has.
I realised yesterday morning that I needed fuel for the Striple, before meeting friends for a day riding. I also realised that I was going to leave it until we were out and about because I always worry it won't start again.
This is no way to live and it suddenly dawned on me how silly I've been about letting it go.
Off we went to the dealers, really just to ask them to let me know if anything suitable turned up, and there it was, waiting for me. Had a good haggle and everyone seemed happy, so it's done.
And it's not purple. It's blue. :)

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: New bike time.

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Nice one Bee.
Speaking of new bikes.
There is this big spare space in my garage that a another bike would fit nicely :D
Doubt it will be a Triumph though.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: New bike time.

Post by Beelady » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:53 am

I collected it yesterday. The performance is disappointing, compared to the Striple, but it's a different sort of bike and was very easy to ride, although it was a miserable cold, wet day.
While I waited for it to cool, so I could rinse the salt off. before putting its cover on, I went indoors to make a hot drink. I went to admire it from the window and couldn't see it! After a split second of complete panic I realised it hadn't been stolen after all. It's so small that it was hiding behind the Kawasaki.
Weighs a lot, but I can get both feet flat-ish, so it shouldn't be a problem :)

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: New bike time.

Post by Ninjachica » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:48 am

Don't be disappointed, just think of it as a new toy to figure out.
If the worst comes to the worst, just trade it again.

My ninja often hides behind the v-strom. It's only the flash of bright blue that gives it away!
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: New bike time.

Post by Beelady » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:52 pm

Quite honestly I chose it because I can get both feet down. I know it's a good engine, although the bike is pretty heavy.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to be well enough for the ultimate test. Will I be able to turn it round on the drive? I'm sure I can manage, but it would be such a treat not to fight all the way round.
I've been resting and recovering since I bought it home. I think perhaps I should have left learning how to get it on the centre stand for another day!
I can do that as it's mostly technique, rather than strength. I can stand on it and jump up and down. It won't move at all. It's all in the how you get your weight centred. I'll get better at it with practice.
Also looking forward to trying a ride on dry roads. Maybe tomorrow as the forecast is good.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: New bike time.

Post by Ninjachica » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:38 pm

I struggle to get the v-strom on the centre stand.
(There wasn't one on it when i got it)

With the boxes on, you can't centre over it to get the leverage.
With no boxes on, for some reason i always trap my finger in the frame 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I'll get there!
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: New bike time.

Post by bobsnicholson » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:27 am

All the time i had the Wing it went on the centre stand twice only, the 2nd time Shirl had to help me.
A lightweight bike it ain't.

Expect an Indian summer as from tomorrow as we are flying home 8-) :D
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: New bike time.

Post by CantCorner » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:49 am

Always nice to get a new bike Mrs B , I'm sure you'll soon get used to it .
Throw a bit of red paint all over the blue and there's your purple bike ! I'm always here to give top advice . :D
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: New bike time.

Post by Beelady » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:38 pm

Well, the ice eventually receded and I managed to turn it around, so all should be well. It was a treat to get it onto the road with my feet firmly planted. So easy compared with the Striple.
I love the sound it makes and it's very well behaved on the road, with no surprises, which is perfect for enjoying the back lanes on. Roll on dryer weather! I'm longing for some longer days out and hoping the seat will be comfortable on my all day wanderings that I've missed so much since I moved.
I can even get it onto the centre stand by myself, although I'm not yet confident enough to try without someone waiting to catch it if I mess up. I will keep trying though. Very useful for oiling the chain and cleaning the wheels.
I am still wondering how it can have so much torque and yet take twice the time to do 0-60, compared to the Striple.
I even made Phil show me how to check it wasn't in rain mode :) It wasn't.

I'm sure I've made the right choice though. I do enjoy riding it, although it's so different and in first gear, waiting at junctions, it makes a funny little noise that makes me smile. As if it forgets, for a moment that is is supposed to be a sedate, gentleman's carriage and can't quite keep from chirruping with excitement.
I like it :)

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: New bike time.

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:03 pm

👍😁
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Post Reply