User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: NC500 again

Post by Ninjachica » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:44 am

Well, every day something pretty disastrous happened, but we made the most of it until Saturday.

Recovery / breakdown was a total waste of money, and a waste of 4 hours for nothing.

This was meant to be 5 1/2 hours riding from Plockton to Moffat.
By early afternoon we knew we would be leaving the BMW there, so john jumped on the back of the strom.

No stopping for photos, just fuel and food. Got to the cottage in the dark, heavy rain, nightmare journey, to be greated with a warm cosy place.
Sunday morning started ok, but torrential rain again around Leeds. Horrendous.

I could write a book on this adventure!

I need new boots. Waterproof.

Rat
Drowned
Pfffttt

Oh, strom has F1 light showing. No idea. Thankfully still under warranty.

Pfffttt

I have cleaned it though, so i must still like it 🤣🤣
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: NC500 again

Post by bobsnicholson » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:16 am

NC, cannot remember if we have broached it but have your toured around The Picos?
I'm trying to fit another week 10 days to do it again.
Certainly wont be going up Scotty again.................in/on anything.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by Ninjachica » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:24 pm

bobsnicholson wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:16 am
NC, cannot remember if we have broached it but have your toured around The Picos?
I'm trying to fit another week 10 days to do it again.
Certainly wont be going up Scotty again.................in/on anything.
I think I'm going yo save the Picos for when i retire. A couple of years yet.

I really fancy Morocco.
And maybe the Shetlands

Deffo north France next year for a few days with my daughter (Mont st Michael area)

I'm changing my working hours from January, to do 4 days a week - every Friday off. 😁😁😁😁😁
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: NC500 again

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:27 am

Morroco.
Watch the whole of season 7 Itchy Boots.

Worked on The Shetlands out of Kirkwall in the 70s.
We were on the oil terminal on the isle of Flotta.
Old Man of Hoy, Scapa Flow blah blah.
Love to go back for a memory check.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:53 pm

I bet it hasn't changed much 🙂
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by Beelady » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:17 pm

I've been for a long stay in the Shetlands (and even longer in the Orkneys).
Now I'd love to go back and see if it's as quiet as it was back in the late 60's. I didn't enjoy it at the time, apart from trimming the wicks on the gas lamps. I was best at it.
Like so many of my other life skills, no longer any use.

It's just as wet as Scotland though, and it seems to have an awful lot of sea fog, even in midsummer. I don't think I'd go on a bike.
Scapa Flow stuck in my mind. I'd like another look at that. Loved all the stone agey stuff, too.

Hope the bike's an easy fix.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: NC500 again

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:37 am

Bee, you reminded me it's The Orkney Isles, thanks.
Do you remember having a look at The Old Man of Hoy.?
I hated it at the time, but work was work.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by CantCorner » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:20 pm

bobsnicholson wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:16 am
NC, cannot remember if we have broached it but have your toured around The Picos?
I'm trying to fit another week 10 days to do it again.
Certainly wont be going up Scotty again.................in/on anything.
Been doing a bit of research into next years' tour and found out that the ferry into Bilbao / Santander is now a two day and two night trip one way . Apparently it's Brittany Ferries way of going eco . Slower they go , more fuel they save . Ticket prices have gone up though . :-S :-S
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: NC500 again

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:12 pm

Decided we wont be using any ferries ever again to get to Frog or Spain.
Obviously have to for Ireland.
We are off on Tuesday via the choo choo.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by Ninjachica » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:02 pm

I think the choo choo is a good idea. Just take your time to bimble south, and enjoy the trip
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Post Reply