User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
NC500 again

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:41 pm

Been incredibly lucky with the weather so far. Very windy, several showers, but mostly ok.

Tomorrow will be a different story
Tomorrow is Applecross pass

🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by CantCorner » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:40 am

Sound like the 500 was a good destination choice , been raining here every day for a week .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by Ninjachica » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:57 pm

Bleddy wet today
Horizontal rain over Balach ne ba
Had to ride on the right, to stay on the road!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1692910521553.jpg
FB_IMG_1692910521553.jpg (143.1KiB)Viewed 1221 times
FB_IMG_1692910505709.jpg
FB_IMG_1692910505709.jpg (78.98KiB)Viewed 1221 times
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by Beelady » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:45 pm

That does look extremely wet.
How's the Strom doing? I imagine it would be quite good on those roads, but I've never ridden any of the bigger ones.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by Ninjachica » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:57 pm

I'm soooo happy with it, it's ridiculous.

I'm still a bit wobbly setting off on a turn, but everything else is a dream.

No problems at all, during some very wet and horrible weather.

Very comfortable, luggage is amazing (currently holding a large bottle of whisky).

The BMW unfortunately seems to be sick. Went into limp mode in the middle of Skye. We can't fix it. Recovery will be called in the morning. I might have to go home alone.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by CantCorner » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:13 pm

Seems to be something about Scotland and BMWs .
On a tour in 2015 my mates BM gave up just outside Glasgow but he managed to buy another bike to continue the ride.
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: NC500 again

Post by bobsnicholson » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:00 am

Did the NC500 a few yers ago on my BMW 1200RT LE. No issues, but then again i am a superior mechanical sympathetic rider :-p :D
Pleased you are loving it NC, both the bike and the NC...............but of course not the weather all the time.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: NC500 again

Post by Beelady » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:53 pm

It's lovely to find a bike that makes you feel that good!

I might have accidently put my name (and deposit) down for a new, baby Triumph. If it fits my short stature and has decent luggage capacity I shall be part X'ing the Striple.
I spend most of my time wondering what I've done. Test ride booked for start of December.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: NC500 again

Post by bobsnicholson » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:00 pm

I need a 2nd bike as the Wing has gone now and there is lots of room in the garage next to Bertie and the new BIKE :D
I cannot decide to go big again, (the new one is a 750), or go small.
Looked at that baby Triumph and have to say i quite like it. I'm not a triunph man but could be talked into buying one of those.🏍️
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: NC500 again

Post by Snev » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:48 am

Lovely Pics.... it's great fun in the wet !
Ok, I confess.......

Post Reply