User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm
Re: Oops

Post by Beelady » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:40 pm

I like a V-strom. A bit big for me, but a very good bike. You already know that :)
John had the old VL 1000. Brilliant and comfortable on the back, too. Did I mention the web site for strom owners before? Stromtroopers. It still sets the giggles off every time I think of it :D
I tried the 250, ages ago, but at the time it was just too slow. Maybe I should go back and have another look, but meanwhile I'm waiting for the 400 Triumph to land over here. It's already in the factory, so shouldn't be much longer. If I can touch the ground I'll be trading the troublesome Striple to buy one.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Oops

Post by Snev » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:59 am

Bee, that 400 will be rather slow compared to yours.... what about the Trident 660.... it looks a great all round bike and it still has the Triple engine as opposed to the 400's single.?
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Oops

Post by Beelady » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:18 am

I've had a ride, but I still found it a bit too much to manage while I'm off the bike. Also, you need big feet (or foot) to use the rear brake effectively. Clutch was a bit painful for small, arthritic paws, too, although that could possibly be adjusted.
I know nothing will be as hooligan and fun as the Striple, but I just don't trust it any more. I was getting there and thinking I have a year or two more to enjoy it, when it made a noise at me and I wanted to cry.
I think I know what happened and what to do if it happens again, but I'm only happy once I'm on the move with it. Then I feel as if I'm in charge again :D

Post Reply