User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire
Re: Wing wont start

Post by bobsnicholson » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:36 pm

Bill Smiths of Chester picked the wing up on Tuesday.
Up to today absolutely nothing from them
Decided to have a ride down, only 20 miles each way.
Bike sat outside.
Went in, "whats going on with my Wing".
Needs a new fuel pump :( £900 excluding labour. :'-(
Why the flip could they not call me to let me know.
Once again shite business practice.

Decided the new bike does all i need out of biking nowadays so the Wing is up the road when i get it back.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Wing wont start

Post by Ninjachica » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:26 pm

Annoying when stuff doesn't work
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Wing wont start

Post by bobsnicholson » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:31 am

Update.
They still have the bike.
It's NOT the fuel pump and to date they still don't know.
They have had it from the 16th June.

I feel this is going to be a Nev Grom fix :shock:
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Wing wont start

Post by Snev » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:17 am

Lets hope they don't leave it outside in all the weather for 19 months.... :(
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Wing wont start

Post by bobsnicholson » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:43 am

I'll sell it for scrap before that happens. :D
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Wing wont start

Post by Beelady » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:40 pm

You're all so patient! I wish I could be like that. :)
You should cut out the middle man and go to the top, Bob. It works a treat if you have trouble with a Triumph dealer. Nice Mr Bloor will get stuff sorted and reply to his emails, just like a normal person.
Plus I can be a real nuisance once someone has displeased me. I may be small, but I have a big mouth and I know how to use it.
One day I'll tell you about the story about the 3 piece suite, the shop I bought it from and the Police. And how I and my kids, plus a push chair and all the replacement cushions I wanted to replace the rubbish ones I had complained about, got a nice ride home in the Police car :) Quite right too.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Wing wont start

Post by bobsnicholson » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:34 pm

Love to sit with you and hear that story :D
Been over a week since i went down to ask what's going on.
Nothing from them at all. They still have the bike,
I am so disgusted with the service of ALL i deal with i want to go back to Dubai and live in a normal country where the paying customer are treated with respect.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Wing wont start

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:37 pm

Update.
They won't call me to update so yet again i went down to Bill Smiths to find out what's going on with my Wing.
They obviously don't give a toss.
Oh we think it's a dud relay, we are looking for it.
What.
I don't/can not believe what i am experiancing with these people.
I just left in discussed after telling them that i want my bike back.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Wing wont start

Post by Beelady » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:49 am

Is it a Honda dealer?
Whoever it is, I'd be writing my complaint and their attitude to customer service down carefully. Concise, and easy to read. Facts. No waffling.
I'd get it checked for any grammar and spelling mistakes and get them neatly printed out. Then you visit the shop at a busy time and quietly hand them to customers.
Quite soon you'll be asked to leave. You then have two choices. You can leave, but stand just off their property and try and hand out more, or you can do the really effective thing and refuse to go until someone takes your complaint seriously.
Don't worry if they threaten to call the Police, who are probably too short staffed to come anyway, and if they do show up you'll get a chance to tell your side of the story and they will agree with you. They'll probably suggest that it would save everyone a lot of bother if you go away now and this is the point to leave gracefully.
You shouldn't need to do it twice, but of course, if you don't get what you want out of it, feel free to do it again.
I realise you're probably much to busy to play this game and you should never have to do this anyway, but then they should treat customers with respect and do something to earn it themselves.
They're very lucky I don't live closer!

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Wing wont start

Post by bobsnicholson » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:11 pm

I hear you Bee and i should, but i suspect in this day and age the top brass are as rubbish as the staff that work for them.
I just cannot be bothered wasting my time.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply