User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm
Shape of things to come ?

Post by CantCorner » Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Just been reading about the arrest and imprisonment of Tommy Robinson and can't work out how this country became so f@cked up . 13 months "at her majestys' pleasure" for reading the convicted names of an Islamic rape gang from a BBC website . The presiding judge then put a media ban on all coverage from Tommy's trial and sentence .
Although I am not a member or supporter of the EDL it's made me think about how totally bonkers this place we call Great Britain is .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Shape of things to come ?

Post by Ninjachica » Tue May 29, 2018 5:14 pm

I don't know all of the facts, but I gather he made public information that could prejudice an ongoing case against a group of rapists.

I'd rather see the rapists in gaol, just like everyone else, and, if his publication makes them go free, then he needs to understand the consequences of his actions. It's not the first time he has been in contempt.

The law here is an ass, but it's much better than in many countries, and we should abide by it, as best we can.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Shape of things to come ?

Post by CantCorner » Tue May 29, 2018 7:32 pm

Totally agree with you Ninja , but as far as I understand , he was arrested for breach of the peace and three hours later had been tried and locked up for repeating what was already in the public domain.
Just seems a bit Gestapo-ish.
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Shape of things to come ?

Post by Ninjachica » Tue May 29, 2018 9:12 pm

I’m also very torn with the American guy that beat up and strangled the bloke that raped his daughter. Judge, jury and executioner.
Was he guilty?
Did the girl try it on, get knocked back, then make up the story to dad?
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Post Reply