I truly despair of this once great country

Let off some steam in here
Post Reply
User avatar
Beemer
Posts:29
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 am
I truly despair of this once great country

Post by Beemer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:55 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/p ... ocid=edgsp

I pounced on a wanker who climbed into our garden a few months ago, he got a nasty shock and, if he hadn't left rapidly when 'advised' to he would have had a dose of 'maglite' treatment then no doubt I would have been the pensioner arrested !

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: I truly despair of this once great country

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:03 pm

They are probably holding him to give him a medal and to continually pat him on his back.
We were robbed big time in Bolton exactly one year ago. I only wish i could have been there when they entered the house, bastards. Then weeks later we were done in Spain. AND 2 weeks ago we were robbed in Spain again. Not one person has been arrested or questioned in relation to the 3 robberies.
I hope this old chap is well rewarded. At least one less scum of the earth to worry about.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: I truly despair of this once great country

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:10 pm

It annoys me when they say he has been held 'on suspicion of murder'.

By definition, murder is pre-empted. Any other killing is manslaughter. He is being held to help with their enquiries, but, obviously, that wouldn't make headlines.

Let's all go and stand outside the police station, holding 'Well Done' Banners, and "Kill all the thieving scum" - that would make great headlines.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: I truly despair of this once great country

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:12 pm

bobsnicholson wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Not one person has been arrested or questioned in relation to the 3 robberies.
We never heard anything about ours either.

Someone has a nice TV, laptop etc they didn't pay for... meanwhile, we had to repair the walls, doors, furniture etc.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: I truly despair of this once great country

Post by Piglet » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:56 pm

In some Colonial states, home invasion is automatically considered a deadly threat to the rightful occupants, allowing the use of deadly force in defense (defence).

A 12-gauge pump shotgun with #2 bird shot is ideal, as it is easy to aim and operate, has great stopping power at short distances, but will not accidentally kill an innocent person on the far side of walls (unlike a rifle bullet which could kill someone in a neighboring fully-detached residence after passing through several walls).
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: I truly despair of this once great country

Post by Ninjachica » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 am

Self defence is perfectly legal in the UK, even if it leads to the assailant's death - as long as 'reasonable force' is used.

This chap shouldn't be prosecuted. There are other examples.

Sadly, in the well known Tony Martin case, the burglar was leaving (he was shot in the back), which, by definition, means that he was no longer threatening the person that shot him.

Sometimes, the law is an ass.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beemer
Posts:29
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 am

Re: I truly despair of this once great country

Post by Beemer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Sometimes, the law is an ass. ----- I'd amend that to OFTEN the law is an ass, remembering the debacle of a crown court case re Nina's handicapped lad's account being rifled and him run into £22,000 of debt to DWP no-one brought to book for it and, the one we suspected (knew) had run up the debt has just made hundreds of thousands of ££'s profit from selling his care home.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: I truly despair of this once great country

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Can’t believe how quickly they’ve decided to ‘take no further action ‘ 👍

No doubt the neighbours will be laying on a party for him
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beemer
Posts:29
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 am

Re: I truly despair of this once great country

Post by Beemer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:31 pm

He's worried about revenge attacks on him.

Post Reply