User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Save me

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Someone sent my mum their old iPad, so I set it up for her last night. The previous owner was 91, my mum is 81.

I put Facebook and messenger on it, nothing else for now.
I get a message at work... my emails won’t open I don’t know what to do on the iPad...
I reply... they are not on the iPad, only on your computer. If it won’t work, turn it off, then on again.

I check it tonight. The computer had a hiccup, and needed to reboot. She had switched off the iPad.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Save me

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:55 am

Well she is smarter than me, i don't know how to switch mine off.
Tell her not to reply to ANY correspondence until she runs it by you (unless shes been on a date site that is :shock: )
Hope she gets the ang of it cause they can be a form of entertainment for them (along with equal amounts of frustration)
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Save me

Post by Ninjachica » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:22 pm

She’s brilliant with the pc.
She does Facebook, messenger and emails. She buys stuff online too.

But for some reason, she’s terrified of the iPad 😕
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Save me

Post by Beelady » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:17 pm

I can't work an ipad. I gave John's to my son, for Harriet to play with when she gets older. She knows how to find peppa pig on it. She's 18 months old. There is just no hope for me. She's smarter then I am already.

Post Reply