Honda

Let off some steam in here
Ninjachica
Honda

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:17 am

Got to love their build quality.

After the bird strike, and repair, tonight some tw@t hit my offside mirror. Country lane. Road markings near the junction, he was over the centre lines. Bang. I stop dead, he carries on. Got to be kidding.

Then he does stop. But it's the classic, get the wife out. She just spends all her time accusing me of being rude (i wasn't). She threatened to call the police - fine by me. But obviously she didn't. Hubby (driver) was embarrassed. She started ranting that my debris was over the line (one bit was, one was on the line), i explained to her 'physics'.

I was actually ready to burst out laughing she was so snide and pathetic.
I finally asked the husband if he wanted to ho through insurance, and explained that my bonus was fully protected so it wouldn't cost me anything. He said no so i got back in the car and drove off.

Very pissed off.

Got where i was going, and put the whole mirror back together. My debris was 2 small parts of a reflector broken
I hope theirs was totally smashed.

Grrrrrrr
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Ninjachica

Re: Honda

Post by Ninjachica » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:45 pm

Following on, i have now fitted a cheap dashcam.

No instructions, so spent 10 minutes at lunchtime figuring it out. Hopefully never need to play anything back.

Snev

Post by Snev » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:39 am

I see lots of young people with cameras fitted and Phones in the area above the Binacle...... i often wonder if they have an Alexa fitted too.... not to mention a bloody Verisure !!!! It's quite obvious that most are either rubbish drivers or so distracted by all the tech it affects their ability to drive.......... having said that, I'm considering one for the MH as it seems to attract a whole new bunch of last second overtakers/pullers out.......
Ok, I confess.......

Ninjachica

Post by Ninjachica » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:42 pm

Mine is mounted in the top nearside of the screen. Decent panorama
Goes on when i start the car
Saves the last minute when i shut the boot 😄😄

Beelady

Post by Beelady » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:18 pm

I've just got my second car camera. Luckily I've never needed to use it to defend myself from idiots, but I do like knowing it's working.
The morons are out there. I count myself lucky I haven't had any trouble since my nasty accident. I wish I'd had a camera on the bike. I won but it would have been so much faster and easier with some video evidence.
Very lucky I had some really good witnesses who weren't intimidated by Mr angry drunk driver and not only pulled him away from me, but waited to give the police their view of things.

I have a go-pro in a box, but given the Striple's hissy fits I haven't ever dared to give it any other excuses to let me down.
I really should get it fitted to the Kawasaki, instead.