User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Cones

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:46 pm

FFS
Get on the M1; 50mph; only lane 1 out of 4 open; cones everywhere.

Opens up to 4 lanes for a few miles, then lanes 1, 2 & 3 close, with more cones.

Finally get to the A38, my turn off is coned off!
😖😖😖

Hey ho - think I’ve done 5k now since February 👍👍
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Cones

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:02 am

I maintain, some officials are on effing big back hander's (backshish) giving out these cone contracts.
Travel Europe and they are as rare as hens teeth.

SAFETY is the excuse here, utter utter BOLLOCKS.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
BaldE
Posts:7
Joined:Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Re: Cones

Post by BaldE » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Agreed, the excessive use of concrete separators and cones is beyond a joke. Someone said that over 400 staff are working on that intersection but I must admit don't think I have seen 20 at any one time.
Who cares ..we never win

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Cones

Post by Piglet » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:30 am

I use the cones for slalom practice when riding the Xmoto. :devil:
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Cones

Post by Ninjachica » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:44 am

Piglet wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:30 am
I use the cones for slalom practice when riding the Xmoto. :devil:
It was tempting - but then I spotted the string tying the tops together 🤣🤣
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Cones

Post by Beelady » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:59 pm

They would see us doing that on camera and big trouble and fines would swiftly follow. Sounds much more fun though :D

Post Reply