User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Failed

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:21 am

Pissed off

Car failed the MOT. I get it, but I'm v cross.

Had a bird strike at 80mph which took out the mirror. Made a hell of a mess. Felt sorry for the guy behind that hit the debris (glass, plastic, feathers and innards)

Went to Halfords at lunchtime and bought a stick on mirror and managed to get it all back together, although the covet was missing.

Week later, replacement mirror arrives. Son says he will fit it, but doesn't.
Brother comes over, too dark to fit it.
Son comes (several times) still not fitted.

Yes. I have looked at it myself, but i don't have a clue. I'm certainly not taking the door panel off myself.

I thought the car was ok because there is a mirror, and the ftont and back indicators work.
Nope. Safety hazard.

BAR. Stid.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Failed

Post by Snev » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:34 am

Seems a bit harsh.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Failed

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:08 pm

Took him 20 minutes to fit it.

We both think it failed, because there is an indicator built into the cover. Technically. That means there is a failed (missing) indicator.

Back at 8am on Monday for a pass certificate
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Failed

Post by Beelady » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:52 am

Frustrating, when you've been offered help, but sometimes just doesn't happen. You can't pester because you don't want to upset the friend or family member who offered.
I hope the pass certificate is a formality after all that fuss.

Mine's gone off about ten minutes ago for it's MOT. I really hope there's nothing apart from new rear brake pipes needed as funds are rather low and I've had to spend some on another exhaust (of, course, it had to be a one piece complete system) for the Kawasaki. I bought it on ebay and haven't seen it yet, so there may still be cause for concern, but I'm hopeful :)
Poor Street Triple. It sits still, watching everything else being looked after and not having any fun.
Maybe this will teach it a lesson. Be nice to me and I'll buy you some lovely, shiny electrical bits. House sale seems to be moving along, so there is hope!

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Failed

Post by Snev » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:18 am

The Z900 has been behaving quite well lately so I'm giving it another chance....... tomorrow it's having the new Akrapovic Headers so no more restrictive Cats..... Can't wait see see how it feels..... The MT has the same system now and feels epic.... got a full Yoshi going on the Red Bike, can't remember it's name !!!! Good luk to both of you with the MOT's :tup:
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Failed

Post by Beelady » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:06 pm

Nooooooooo!!! My car failed too. New rear suspension and brake pipes. Half my total piggy bank emptied in one go :shock:
It's been an expensive week with that and the new, second hand exhaust system forthe Kawasaki.
Shouldn't I be buying handbags and shoes? Why do I find a used pile of metal so exciting?

But I've filled in the form to apply for my pension (Bloody cheek. I've been paying in to that for years!) Apparently even that gets paid a month in arrears.
If I eat nothing but veggie soup between now and then I think I can eke out the rest of my fortune, although hopefully this time will see the house sale going through and I'll be minted :D

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Failed

Post by Snev » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:54 am

If you think of your Piggy Bank being Half Full rather than Half Empty........ It'll actually not help at all but if you bought a smaller piggy bank, It will be Fuller... It works with wine too................... My piggy bank is empty with insufficient funds for the Battery bike but on the plus side, some Rusky Idiot has just forced the price of Bullion higher so I might just sell my Coin Collection.............. Oh and, I went to collect the Z yesterday and they didn't charge me for fitting the Pipe, even though it took 3 hours......... Hope this makes you feel better :D 8-)
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Failed

Post by Ninjachica » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:00 pm

Got the proper paperwork for the car on Monday.

Remembered to print off the Ninja insurance paperwork before taking it out today (you have to have it with you here)

Insure the Fazer next week or so.

Expensive time of year.

Fazer better pass it's MOT next week
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Failed

Post by Beelady » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:33 am

Snev wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:54 am
If you think of your Piggy Bank being Half Full rather than Half Empty........ It'll actually not help at all but if you bought a smaller piggy bank, It will be Fuller... It works with wine too................... My piggy bank is empty with insufficient funds for the Battery bike but on the plus side, some Rusky Idiot has just forced the price of Bullion higher so I might just sell my Coin Collection.............. Oh and, I went to collect the Z yesterday and they didn't charge me for fitting the Pipe, even though it took 3 hours......... Hope this makes you feel better :D 8-)
I kept thinking it was half full! I expect that's how it ended up completely empty :shock:

But I have a new MOT on the car and a really good second hand exhaust lying on the shed floor, for the Kawasaki.
My house buyer is coming round in a minute, to measure up for a lean to shed he's building to add to the side of the workshop, so that's all looking hopeful. All the surveys are done and so far haven't caused any concern.
I realise this doesn't mean it's anywhere near certain, but I was hopeful enough to dig up some snowdrops to take with me when I move out and today's task is either dismantle the Kawasaki as it's now on the centre stand, or, as it's very cold and windy outside, maybe a trip to the charity shop with several bags of china and books.
Today I have learnt how to remove drawers from cheap, flat pack furniture, just in case I ever actually have to move out.

Post Reply