User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire
£3 a month

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 pm

They are all at it eh. Now give £3 a month and they will stop whales eating plastic, WTF.
Last weekend went to Northwich Dragon Boat Races Festival. I counted no less than 32 different charities all begging for your money..........................i didn't get a penny when i asked for beer money to keep me happy, so F--K em all.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: £3 a month

Post by Beelady » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:40 pm

I hate Christmas as all the begging adverts make me feel guilty for being lucky enough to have water, a roof over my head and enough to eat. Even if I sold every possession I own and gave one of them the money, the same thing would just keep right on happening. I do give to charity and I sometimes do fundraising for one or two that mean something to me, but I hate feeling bad because I don't give to every one who wants help. At least by selfishly keeping my possessions I have a little to give away when I choose to. Charity begins at home makes a lot of sense to me.

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: £3 a month

Post by Piglet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:02 am

I give charity to support the most deserving - rescue/shelter cats.
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: £3 a month

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am

Clever people that set up charities. They aim to make you feel guilty to give. My bag is how much of the £3s get's to the front line?????? after directors, chief execs, running cost's and all sort's of "expenses" are taken out. Sorry, unless i can give in to the hand of the needing they ain't getting any of mine.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: £3 a month

Post by CantCorner » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:35 am

I prefer to give to local charities where I can see the good it does in my area and help is given to people I could possibly know .
Just to make you laugh , this Saturday I'm *playing* in a charity football match which is an annual event where ex-players of my local team play against the current team . ( St.Johns Ambulance - That's a good charity and may well be needed) ;-)

* * Please read - waddling round a field for 90 minutes unable to breath .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: £3 a month

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Don't forget the fag and a pint at half time. Good luck and hope you raise a good wedge.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: £3 a month

Post by Beelady » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 pm

John always gave to animal charities. I have to do them too now. I can't have them going without. :)

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: £3 a month

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:07 pm

If they would allow i would rather buy a big bag of doggy biscuits or a case of whiskers and take them to the shelter, that way the animals get 100% of your donation. But they wont allow that cause the people with titles that put their name to the charity want their %s and fees. And, these names, how often do you see them in the charity shops VOLUNTEERING, you don't, good minded people volunteer so increasing the profit share to the names.
Sorry, that's the last you will hear from me on the subject....................i'm going to feed the ducks.

Post by Piglet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:09 am

bobsnicholson wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:07 pm
If they would allow i would rather buy a big bag of doggy biscuits or a case of whiskers and take them to the shelter, that way the animals get 100% of your donation.
I buy cat food online and have it shipped directly to where the cats are.
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: £3 a month

Post by Beelady » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:25 pm

Most of our animal shelters have wish lists on line, so you can order the things they want most. I sometimes have hedgehogs to release back into the wild and the charity I do it for have a huge list of things they would like to have given to them. I always go for the boring but practical things, like wipes for their little baby hedgehog bottoms, as people mostly like to buy the treats or hedgehog food for the charity.

And if I see homeless people on the street I'll buy food for them and their animals if I have enough money to spare. I figure if they're genuine a big fat sandwich and a hot drink will be as good as money. I never give cash.

Post Reply