Delivery companies

Let off some steam in here
CantCorner
Delivery companies

Post by CantCorner » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Three out of the last five deliveries I’ve received have had to be sent back because delivery companies are hell bent on damaging every item in their van .
They don’t give a flying f@#k about the hassle caused by having to photograph the damaged goods and then sending all the e-mails and eventually getting items returned.
Have some effin’ pride in your job you useless tw@ts.

Aaaaaaah , that’s better . 😤
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

Ninjachica

Re: Delivery companies

Post by Ninjachica » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:35 pm

I ordered 2 crazy daisies for each of my grandchildren’s homes.

One arrived cracked, although they taped it up and used it. I arranged for a replacement (the supplier didn’t want the damaged one back), and guess what... yup... broken. 😡
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Snev

Post by Snev » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:13 am

We get it all the time when Companies decide to send stuff by courier rather than their own vehicles...... we have to open and check every item which really is a pain when you think how many items are involved in every Kitchen.... Luckily, we don't get too many courier deliveries compared to Direct deliveries but I could still write a book about it.
Ok, I confess.......

Snev

Post by Snev » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:21 am

I used to run the Quality Control and despatch department of a really expensive kitchen company and I made sure every Item was protected properly due to the inevitable Idiot some where along the way........We once delivered an American Fridge Freezer to a customer in London, which had to be lifted over her gate Pillers with balls on top, up a winding path and steps only to find it was too wide to fit through the door.... so we took the doors off and whilst we went to pick up the doors, the Builders had dragged the main body across the brand new Oak floor, gouging tram lines as they move it from room to room !
Ok, I confess.......

bobsnicholson

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:29 am

We must be lucky or don't order stuff that might break.
Shirl has opened every package that has arrived for ever. I don't recall her every mentioning that summat is broken. And we have always bought lots and lots of stuff on line.
Wrong stuff arrived yes but not broken.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Ninjachica

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:58 am

Ed ordered a full set of panels for the busa from alibaba.

They came in a relatively small box. I tell you what, whoever packed that deserved a medal! Not a mark on any of them.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Beelady

Post by Beelady » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:21 pm

I used to work in a warehouse that shared a yard with City Link (think they went bust years ago). We used to watch some of the drivers filling their van with parcels every time we went outside for tea breaks. There were some sensible ones but not many. I've seen several younger ones playing football with some of the smaller parcels and dragging the biggest ones tothe van and levering them in, as too big to lift alone.

Ever since then I've been surprised if something arrives undamaged. I wonder if couriers ever order things to be delivered to their own homes.

CantCorner

Post by CantCorner » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:17 pm

It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !