User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire
Roads

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Here's my usual rant after returning from a European drive.

What a effing mess the main UK road system/condition/management is in. I have driven in some 3rd world country's that have a better road system.

It took me a lot longer to drive 250 miles from Folkestone to Cheshire than from Annecy to Calais 567 MILES, it's bollocks.

I counted 11 overhead signs that said 50mph "reports of debris", guess what, no debris.
Earlier 1 counted 8 signs 50 "broken down vehicle", guess what, no broken down vehicle.
Mile after mile of 50 in roads works.

I think there are more restricted miles than national speed limit miles now, it is so frustrating. AND it will never get better, FACT.
These tossers in the control room that switch the signs to 50 at will yet are too f-------g dumb or lazy to switch them off when, or indeed if there is NO issue. What qualification do these wankers have to screw up and frustrate thousands of peoples lives at will

Flippin hate the MAIN UK road system
I say vote Jeremy Clarkson in as transport minister.

Rant over, i feel a bit better now.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Roads

Post by Beelady » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Clarkson gets my vote too. I don't like him, but I do like his ideas on how to sort it all out.

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Roads

Post by Piglet » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:35 am

bobsnicholson wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Flippin hate the MAIN UK road system
I say vote Jeremy Clarkson in as transport minister.
What about Cal Crutchlow? No speed limits and all the corners would have gravel traps. 😜
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Roads

Post by bobsnicholson » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:24 am

I think Rossi or Mark would be better, one could push anyone off the road they don't like. :-p
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply