User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
Every bloody time..........

Post by Snev » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:25 pm

So my delightful bundle of cudlliness has done it again........ We were having a quiet Bank Holiday at home just relaxing and generally potering around doing stuff to the house and garden but due to "one too many" ....... we are now hosting the neighbors with a street party and I've been told I'm cooking my Chicken and Tarragon speciality which takes about 4 hours and uses lots of lovely ingredients including Pastis, Cider, Garlic, Mushrooms and the Chicken and Tarragon..... all lovingly cooked with double cream and various other ingredients........... apparently our neighbors will be providing the Bread and some Cheese and Biscuits..................... :-| ......... Was i bad in a previous life ?
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Every bloody time..........

Post by Snev » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:56 pm

Just to add that our last BBQ with the neighbors included organic and free range hand made Burgers, Sausages, home made rolls, Chicken Drumsticks, Ribs and all sorts of sides.................... the return BBQ had Tesco's smart price frozen burgers, sausages and Baps and Tomato sauce................oh and no beer....... Prior to this, another occasion included Asda frozen oven Roast spuds, Microwave veg in a bag and a plastic bag of beef in gravy that was boiled............... !!!! ..... did I mention the Uncle Bens Curry Night ??????? that was banging..................... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Every bloody time..........

Post by Snev » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:30 pm

And did i ever mention the time where i spent the Bank Holiday weekend sorting out our friends Kitchen, fitting the Worktops, sink, tap, putting right everything that B and Q buggered up ??????? ..... rather than offer me any money for the 3 days work, they bought us Fish and Chips !!!!!!...... then there was the time another couple of Friends asked to borrow the Transit to pick up some furniture from the Isle of Wight but didn't put any Diesel in as it was full at the start and they wouldn't have bothered to borrow it if they had to pay anything................ I shit you not........
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Every bloody time..........

Post by CantCorner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:10 pm

The trouble with you Snev is , you're just too nice ! :D

Enjoy your weekend , I'm mixing about 4 tonne of concrete for paths around the house and an area for composite decking between the house and pub / garden room (as she now calls it )
And then I've got 35 square metres of insulation and weyroc flooring to put down . :'-(
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Every bloody time..........

Post by Snev » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:36 pm

reckon ...... ? lol............ :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Every bloody time..........

Post by Beelady » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:45 pm

I think you're too nice, as well. Stop it at once!

You should see my new kitchen (if I ever actually manage to move there). I think I can confidently say it is the cleanest, least homely or cheerful kitchen I've ever seen. Everything works perfectly and my soul starts to die a little bit every time I look at the pictures of it.
I'll soon have that trashed!

I wouldn't mind borrowing your van though.......... :D

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Every bloody time..........

Post by Beelady » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:48 pm

Snev wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:25 pm
So my delightful bundle of cudlliness has done it again........ We were having a quiet Bank Holiday at home just relaxing and generally potering around doing stuff to the house and garden but due to "one too many" ....... we are now hosting the neighbors with a street party and I've been told I'm cooking my Chicken and Tarragon speciality which takes about 4 hours and uses lots of lovely ingredients including Pastis, Cider, Garlic, Mushrooms and the Chicken and Tarragon..... all lovingly cooked with double cream and various other ingredients........... apparently our neighbors will be providing the Bread and some Cheese and Biscuits..................... :-| ......... Was i bad in a previous life ?
Sod that! Go and get some Homepride cook in sauces. It sounds like your neighbours deserve it and they probably won't know the difference between that and real food.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Every bloody time..........

Post by Snev » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:03 am

to be fair though, our neighbours are all very nice and friendly... we live at the end of the 5 houses on our shared driveway and everyone is careful not to block anyone in otherwise it could get annoying... we often chat and try to put the world right !!!!
Ok, I confess.......

Post Reply