User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Happy New Year

Post by Ninjachica » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:47 pm

Last ride of the year.

Still love the ninja, even though it will turn 25 in January.
Wound it a bit on the way home and laughed. (And was thankful the coppers were on the wrong bit of road)

Happy New Year all
Attachments
FB_IMG_1704041026182.jpg
FB_IMG_1704041026182.jpg (161.19KiB)Viewed 1747 times
FB_IMG_1704041011256.jpg
FB_IMG_1704041011256.jpg (128.35KiB)Viewed 1747 times
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Ninjachica » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:11 pm

Out again today.

We were meant to meet Paco at 10am, but he cried off, so Ed went back to bed for another 4 hours 😆😆😆

Nice bimble through the gorges at ontinyent, over Banyeres, them the scenic route back.

Bless him. Having lost most of today, he made some suggestions for tomorrow, forgetting that I'm back at work. Nice job this retirement. I can't wait.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Beelady » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:20 pm

I was out on new year's day. Cold, but sunny.
It's become a bit of a tradition over the last few years. We normally manage a ride and a nice lunch before heading back home, but our favourite cafe was closed this year, so we headed to Herne Bay, which turns out to have a place where bikers meet and with excellent bike parking. One to remember for future rides. It's been a while since I spent an afternoon with other bikers, just passing the time of day and watching the bikes coming and going. I shall look forward to that.
We had our lunch in a new place and all was good. Coffee drinkable, too.
After that we headed for main roads and a thrash home, before the promised rain arrived.
The Street Triple was behaving beautifully. I'm struggling with doing the sensible thing and parting with it. It's so exciting to ride, although it can potter along nicely and keep to speed limits. It's the moment when I open the throttle and it picks itself up and catapults to as fast as you like speed in what seems like a split second. That and the fact that just looking at it makes my heart beat faster. I need to remind myself how unhappy I get every time it lets me down.
I've promised myself that I'll let my two favourite dealers know that I'm looking for a Street Twin. Low mileage and with all the frills and luggage that rich people seem to load the new bike with before actually riding it.
All good though. It means people like me can get it at a good price. I'll see how this plan goes :D

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Happy New Year

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:41 pm

Trust ya'll had a great NYE.
Ours was spent having sundowners and a BBQ in the desert.
Home in bed and fast asleep by 9.30pm
Trip here rapidly coming to an end.
Home to the snow (inshallah) on Wenesday............i think.
Don't think the bike...............ooop's sorry CC, scooter will be coming out any time soon. :lol: :tup:
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply