User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Getting older

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:14 am

I've just completed my last ever Friday in the office.

Going forward, i'm reducing my hours slightly, and compressing them into 4 days. Slightly longer Monday to Thursday, but Every Friday Off.

Can't bleddy wait. 3 day weekend. EVERY WEEK.
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Getting older

Post by Snev » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:27 am

Must be a great feeling.... I'm currently shutting down my main business after 20 years as the last 4 years have been Shite what with Covid, we had to close our showroom for 9 months and trade is slow ( lot's of kitchen places going bust) So I'm hoping to work less and from home eventually. Got masses of stuff to clear out from our Workshop I don't know where to start.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Getting older

Post by Beelady » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:58 pm

I should pick your design brain before you give it up completely, but I don't blame anyone for wanting to stop work at the earliest opportunity.
I should have gone back to work once I stopped having to be a carer, but the years working for the NHS pretty much finished me. I found I could survive very well on growing my own and selling flowers, honey and eggs, but I didn't really have much need to spend any.
Now I get my pension I seem to be doing very well. The bikes are my biggest expense. I really should just make do with one, but I'm still trying hard to get back to being fit enough to do long distance rides again.
I absolutely think that live for today is the only thing to do. I often think I'm so lucky to still be here. Every day is somehow better when you can please yourself :)

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Getting older

Post by CantCorner » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:58 am

Just made a career change myself , gone in to the construction game and spent the last few weeks on re-training courses . Not sure if this is a good move at my age but nothing ventured nothing gained .
Talking of kitchen companies Nev , the people I used for the worlds most expensive units are really struggling and admitted to me that I was one of only two customers they had .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Getting older

Post by Snev » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:25 pm

CC, the industry is struggling across the board... Our Kitchen suppliers rep said the other day that his daily target of £30 thousand was more like £2 thousand at the moment, we still have trade but the last 4 years of crap have taken a toll what with shutting the showroom for 9 months having to take the Bounce back loans and still having to pay all the tax and running costs so I'm Dumping the business and debt and vacating the Workshop and one of the showrooms. Will still be trading but without the burden. Good luck with your new job.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Getting older

Post by Snev » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:27 pm

Beelady wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:58 pm
I should pick your design brain before you give it up completely, but I don't blame anyone for wanting to stop work at the earliest opportunity.
I should have gone back to work once I stopped having to be a carer, but the years working for the NHS pretty much finished me. I found I could survive very well on growing my own and selling flowers, honey and eggs, but I didn't really have much need to spend any.
I just want to bugger off in the Motorhome now.... but I'll still be trading until the time is right. Pick away !
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Getting older

Post by Beelady » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:07 pm

I will. Thanks. :)
Probably best if I send some pictures of what I have and then tell you what I'd like to do. When I get round to it I'll probably not be able to put pictures on here, but I'll find another way. :)
Everyone thinks I'm nuts, wanting to change anything, but if it's not working for me, I'd rather just spend the money and have what I want.
I can always make another quilt and sell it towards the cost.
I am enjoying getting back to what was a hobby years ago. To find I can fleece people for large amounts of cash is very satisfying. Also, quite a lot easier then depending on the weather to make a living. :D

Post Reply