User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
Puk !

Post by Snev » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:32 pm

I thought it was time to re-insure Puk for the Winter months.... £300 FC, then I went to Tax it..... £326...... What a rip off, I don't do more than 1500 miles a year...... So I've decided not to bother. Transit camping it is then !
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Puk !

Post by bobsnicholson » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:50 pm

Mine is classed as a HGV so tax is £160 (or maybe £180)
I'm insured with Comfort £280 to include towing.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Puk !

Post by Snev » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:36 am

That sounds strange, I thought HGV was 7.5 tons and over, I know I can drive up to that limit without having to take an HGV test.... I'm a bit confused as to the Road tax being half ?
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Puk !

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:42 pm

My MH is 3850 and classed as HGV therefore taxed at £160/80 (cannot remember exactly)
I don't know how they do it i just pay what they ask.
Up to 3.5 ton on a normal licence (think it changed recently, not sure) up to 70 year old, then you need a C1. I have a C1 as i'm 73 after having a medical think it's every 2 years. (covid messed a lot of stuff up re when you should have a medical for a C1 over 3.5)
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply