User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire
we are back

Post by bobsnicholson » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:14 am

4,000Ks as far east as Bled in Slovinia and as high as 3,000mts up the Shilthorn mountain.
A great trip.
The access to the Shilthorn is via 4 cable cars. At the top is a restaurant/cafe. This is where a lot of the filming was done for the James Bond film "On her Majesty's Secret Service", and by the gum don't they play on it. Even the burgers have a 007 and a gun burnt into the bun.
Drove up and over the Grossglockner pass (motorbike heaven), unfortunately i was in a motorhome towing a trailer with a car on it, not condusive to having fun. On the way down we had to stop several times as the brakes were smoking and very close to setting on fire.
But the panoramic scenery was truly spectacular.
Like the Picos i now want to go back to the area with the bike and ride some of the many passes.
Short version of a daily blog we did again. (but never do anything with it)
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: we are back

Post by Snev » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:45 am

Sounds fantastic Bob, I admire your energy and determination to get out there and do stuff. Where to next ?
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: we are back

Post by bobsnicholson » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:47 am

Big one on 10th Nov will be our 50th anniversary. Going for 3 nights in some posh hotel nearby.
We are confirmed for a meal in Hesten Bloominthals restaurant The Fat Duck. Took us 2 years to get a booking.
Then we are off to Dubai on 12th Dec for 5 weeks (not going for as long this time).
Then i'm planning another Aussy trip for April ish.
In the meantime here and there
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: we are back

Post by Snev » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:40 am

Fantastic....... I just got the MH insured, Tax and MOT next, then I'll be using it instead of the Transit as It's a bit warmer ! .... got another 2 day/night trip this Thursday somewhere near the Sea, not sure where yet though.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: we are back

Post by CantCorner » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:11 am

Welcome home Bob , sounds like a fantastic trip . Couple of photos posted would be good . :D :D
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: we are back

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:44 pm

:D :D :D wish i could bore the life out of you lot (well 3) with pics :'-(
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: we are back

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:08 pm

Really fancy the Grossglockner.

Might have to do some planning...

We ought to all catch up
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: we are back

Post by bobsnicholson » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:36 am

So many fantastic passess within the area one could spend a week or 10 days riding a different pass everyday from the same base.
Susten Pass was particulary spectacular.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply