User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire
Something different

Post by bobsnicholson » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:52 am

Not sure if i mentioned that family are here from Dubai for 3 weeks.
We decided we would hire a narrow boat for the day.
What a change and what a lovely day. Copped well with the weather.
Not for all i know, no leaning over getting knee down, no warp speed getting from 0 to 60 in 000.15 sec, no wheelies, all a pleasant 3 mph looking at the lovely countryside and it's animals.
Lovely lunch in Stanley Arms at The Anderton Boat Lift.
And a few pints in the local when the Captain (me :D ) had moored up (not parked :D :D )
And of course no pictures. DiL took 134 of the buggers.
Last edited by bobsnicholson on Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Something different

Post by Snev » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:13 am

Bob ing along :D ... It's nice to take it slowly and soak up the countryside at times.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Something different

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:17 am

Some lovely pubs on the canals

There are quite a few around here (Stafford Burton areas)

Hilariously, some of them seem to be stuck in the 60's, and are still not biker friendly
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Something different

Post by Beelady » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:11 am

It's ages since I've been on a canal. I loved the quieter bits and watching the wildlife. I wasn't very good at steering, but I was improving.
Maybe I'll do it again some day.

Your day sounds pretty perfect, Bob.

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Something different

Post by bobsnicholson » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:56 am

I think it's the change of pace and scenery one experiences on a canal boat that appeals.
Having ALL the family together on one mode of transport is so refreshing.
We all loved it.
Would i own one, no. At the mo very happy with the MH.
Off to Europe on 5th for 5 weeks ish.
Zig zagging to Bled in Slovenia, then zig zagging back through lots of countrys to include, Switzerland, Bavaria(i know not a country), Austria, Leichenstein? and others. The new Fiat 500 Dolcevita we have bought will be on a trailer being towed behind us to use whilst we are on camp sites.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Something different

Post by Beelady » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:14 pm

It sounds a wonderful trip. Have a good time :)

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Something different

Post by CantCorner » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:29 am

You're having far too much fun Bob , ever thought about getting a job ? :D :D
Last edited by CantCorner on Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Something different

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:09 pm

Yes i have.......................for a rest.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Post Reply