User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire
Wren Kitchens

Post by bobsnicholson » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:50 pm

Nev, this was on the MH forum i look at. What do you think?

Apologies for shouting in the header.
Stepson and DIL are having a new kitchen, had poor service initially with salesman/'designer' who did not sent cad drawings or computerised image of the intended kitchen. Manager contacted and they were handed over to the assistant manager with abject apolgies and promises of good service.
(now I would have told them where to stuff their kitchen by this point) All seemed to be going well but undermanager didn't do home visit as intended, didn't phone and didn't apologise, the kitchen has to be paid up front! they are having it fitted by a family member who is a builder. Tried to pay, system down, by time payment was made and accepted the agreed date for delivery could not be met. Got email telling them it would be delivered on X date. Now they are awy on holiday then, plan, as wren was aware, was for the kitchen to be fitted while they were away to minimise disruption. Told that to get a specific date they would have had a fee of £99 to pay, no mention of that in any of the paperwork, emails or verbally.
Not getting anywhere with the managers. Anyone know the CEOs email. Have been told they cant go through customer services as kitchen not fitted yet, but they have paid out quite a lot of money.
Advice please.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Wren Kitchens

Post by Snev » Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:25 am

If they haven't taken delivery then they should just cancel and ask for any money to be paid back as they have failed to keep to the contract....... unfortunately Bob, this is something that happens a lot with all the big companies, It's the hard sell marketing and 50% bullshit that so many people fall for and they expect the level of service, design and quality that only "us small guys' provide..... What's more, Wren are dear, just like all the others, we see the quotes and crap designs all the time..... The managers are all about getting money in and reaching targets. .....I have only ever given back one deposit in 20 years and @8000 jobs.... and that was because the wife rang to say that her husband was an asshole and she strongly advised us not to do the job..... :-o
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Wren Kitchens

Post by Beelady » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:53 am

I've seen some rubbish kitchens done by them.
Bob, has it been paid with a credit card? Maybe they could get the money back through that. As Nev says, they haven't stuck to the contract.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Wren Kitchens

Post by Snev » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:16 am

I made a living, "Snagging".... this was putting right all the crap work that was carried out by the big firms.... Magnets, B&Q, MFI to name a few.... people really don't know how bad the bigger firms are and not just Installation but bad designs, incomplete deliveries, wrong items, damages and rubbish quality items.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Wren Kitchens

Post by bobsnicholson » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:45 pm

I have not replied to his post others have and suggested the same.
Don't know the outcome yet.
Point of me posting was to show it is not just crap bike dealers, it is obviously almost every trade.
Very difficult to find a decent trader nowadays...................Nev excluded :D
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Wren Kitchens

Post by Snev » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:02 pm

lol..... I'll remember you in my will !
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Wren Kitchens

Post by CantCorner » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:03 am

Talking to my builder at the weekend and he told me about a local bathroom supplier who had drawn up plans for two bathrooms for an elderly lady customer . The lady agreed on the price and then decided to buy the floor tiles from the same company , so got her gardener to measure up for quantity (as you do) . Considering the bathroom supplier had designed the bathroom , he should have realized that 200 square metres was too much but still ordered them . (She needed 20 square metres)
The elderly lady has now been saddled with a £7000 invoice for tiles , as the supplier is refusing to take them back .
Nothing like customer care .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Wren Kitchens

Newspapers and social media should be used to shame that company into giving her the money back.

Post by CantCorner » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:18 am

Snev wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:16 am
Newspapers and social media should be used to shame that company into giving her the money back.
The jungle drums beat loud and fast round here . All the local trades people have heard the story so won't be long before the business starts to suffer .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Wren Kitchens

Post by Ninjachica » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:12 am

200 square meters is bigger than my house!
If it ain't fun, don't do it

Post Reply