Drone !

All non-bike-related chat in here
Snev
Re: Drone !

Post by Snev » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:07 am

Can't get it pared to my new iPhone at the moment... tried all sorts but it just doesn't want to communicate ! your experience was horrible, someone was being thoughtless and stupid doing that to you..... I'm only going to fly when in the middle of no ware or really early when no one is around.... hopefully !
Ok, I confess.......

Ninjachica

Post by Ninjachica » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:50 am

During the pandemic, the Spanish police put drones up to see if there were groups of people celebrating Easter in their country plots.

I never even considered operators using them to see where you live
If it ain't fun, don't do it

bobsnicholson

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:37 am

There is a series on you tube called Itchy Boots.
Some of the drone footage is fantastic. It was obvious she wasn't controlling it as she was riding the bike. You just cleared it up with the "Follow me" function. Mystery solved.
I can now say, "oh she's got it on the follow me mode :D :D :D .............pretend i'm a smart arse.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Snev

Post by Snev » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:36 am

Itchy boots.... i saw a youtube vid a while back... will have a search later. Got it all set up now but the screen is permanently upside down, I have to fly it back to front ! apart from that, I have to say it is very good and the picture quality is as good as any other device.... ;
Ok, I confess.......

CantCorner

Post by CantCorner » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:15 am

I've watched all of Itchy Boots travel vlogs . She certainly knows how to travel the world by bike . :tup:
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

bobsnicholson

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:06 am

She does stuff and goes places no hard nut bloke biker would do.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

Beelady

Post by Beelady » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:34 pm

Ninjachica wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:50 am
During the pandemic, the Spanish police put drones up to see if there were groups of people celebrating Easter in their country plots.

I never even considered operators using them to see where you live
There's been a bit of a run of bikes vanishing from places that had bikes hidden out of sight. Local police were warning us all about extra security that year and not leaving anything unlocked even if we thought we were in secure parking.
We occasionally get them above the yard, on the farm, too low and usually hovering to be just passing overhead. We shoot them if we're out of sight. As it is we've had to be much more careful about security with tools, quad bikes and farm machinery.
An increase in sheep rustling in Kent over the last few years is worrying, too. Also linked to drone sightings. We can't chain all the sheep up. They make ever such a fuss about that sort of thing. We've had to put chains and suchlike on all our outlying land.
I know the police have used them to follow criminals, but the criminals are making very good use of them, too. :'-(

Snev

Post by Snev » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:48 pm

Christ..... It seems I have bought into another taboo hobby.... !!!!! just like owning a German Shepherd in the late 80's..... Dangerous dogs..... Moped in the 70's...... 250 in the early 80's..... Busa in the 2010's ..... Guns in every place in America..... feck me, I seem to get it all wrong !!!! :D
Ok, I confess.......

Beelady

Post by Beelady » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:39 am

You should be proud!
Taboo hobbies sound much more interesting! I don't suppose quilting counts :)

Snev

Post by Snev » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:32 am

Is there not an "Extreme Quilting" club ?
Ok, I confess.......