User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am
Drone !

Post by Snev » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:13 pm

Just bought one...... Thinking about getting it's engine upgraded !!!!! Seriously though....... I thought I'd give it a go, to see all the lovely places I visit from another angle...... Just need to get one of those newfangled iphone thingd now...... :D ..... stay tuned for incoming pictures of lovely places.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Drone !

Post by CantCorner » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:29 am

DJI Mini Pro ?
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Drone !

Post by Snev » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:12 am

Potensic Atom SE..... It's a fair bit less and I'm a newbie so wanted something easy !... they get good reviews though, good range and 4k. Ideal for the places I go. Have you got one ?
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Drone !

Post by CantCorner » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:42 pm

Haven't pulled the trigger and actually bought one yet but done a bit of research on which one to get .
Experienced enough to know that 2 mins after take off I'll crash it . :D
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Drone !

Post by Snev » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:19 pm

I like your optimism mate...... I'm hoping to get past the ten second launch bit !
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Drone !

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:26 pm

CantCorner wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:42 pm
Haven't pulled the trigger and actually bought one yet but done a bit of research on which one to get .
Experienced enough to know that 2 mins after take off I'll crash it . :D
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Drone !

Post by Snev » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:38 am

CantCorner wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:42 pm
Haven't pulled the trigger and actually bought one yet but done a bit of research on which one to get .
Experienced enough to know that 2 mins after take off I'll crash it . :D
I looked at the DJ but found the Atom SE for £224 on Ebay.... got it yesterday and opened it this morning.... it has a beginners setting and a return to home on it's own one..... It also assists you in the corners :devil: ..... Just waiting for one of those newfangled phone things to arrive and then I'll let you know how badly damaged it will be after the first crash landing !
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Drone !

Post by CantCorner » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:13 am

Couple of aerial photos my brother took with his DJI when I started on the garden pub . The quality of photos seemed good and has a "follow me" function which does what it says and films him as he's cycling/running/mountain climbing etc. without him controlling it .
Aerial02.jpg
Aerial02.jpg (144KiB)Viewed 1130 times
Aerial01.jpg
Aerial01.jpg (149.38KiB)Viewed 1130 times
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Snev
Posts:1797
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Drone !

Post by Snev » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:04 pm

they are great pics...... I've been doing the Youtube thing just to check out the picture quality and how people get on..... I'll try to post some stuff here soon.
Ok, I confess.......

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Drone !

Post by Beelady » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:48 am

I am in two minds about them, but I treasure the film of my old house and garden that Phil took, using his drone. It's winter, so not colourful but it's a lovely reminder of my old life and I can even see myself and Christine (his wife) bundled up, drinking Bovril, doing a walk round, visiting the chickens and the bee hives are there, too. Bitter sweet as it was just a few days before the brain aneurism got me.

But the year before that I was on the Striple, minding my own business on a fairly straight main road when a drone appeared right beside me and followed right down at head level. It was really distracting and much too close. I could have reached out and touched it. I was so angry that someone would do that to me and thought about just blasting away from it. Figured it would just rise up and follow me anyway and then the thought of theft occurred to me, so I couldn't even head for home.
I did a U turn and headed for a cafe. It went away once I'd stopped, but I was properly bothered by then and rang a friend with a van to come and collect me and the bike. I left it in his van, locked up in a garage for a week.
I was probably panicking for no reason, but it wasn't funny at all.
So until Phil turned up with his that day, I was very anti.
They do look a lot of fun for seeing things differently.

Post Reply