Media Integration

Any site Updates, Notifications or Announcements will be posted in here
Post Reply
User avatar
Podgehog
Posts:45
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am
Media Integration

Post by Podgehog » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:03 pm

So, i've been hunting for some way of making is easier to add pictures and videos on here and i think i've found a solution... ish

There is now some code installed that allows you to simply paste the address of the media in the message box and it should display as an image or video or soundclip in the posted message
list of sites that this feature supportsShow
ABC News, Amazon Product, audioBoom, Audiomack, Bandcamp, BBC News, Blab, Bleacher Report videos, Break, Brightcove, CBS News Video, CNBC, CNN, CNNMoney, CollegeHumor, Comedy Central, Coub, Dailymotion, Democracy Now!, dumpert, 8tracks, ESPN, Facebook, Flickr, FORA.tv, Fox News, Funny or Die, Gamespot, GameTrailers, Getty Images, Gfycat, Gifs.com, GitHub Gist (via custom iframe), Global News, GoFundMe, Google Drive, Google+, Google Sheets, Healthguru, Hudl, Hulu, HumorTV, IGN, IMDb, Imgur, Indiegogo, Instagram, Internet Archive, İzlesene, JW Platform, Kontinental Hockey League (КХЛ), Kickstarter, Kiss Video, Libsyn, LiveCap, LiveLeak, Livestream, Mail.Ru, Medium, Metacafe, Mixcloud, MLB, MRCTV, MSNBC, National Geographic Channel, National Geographic Video, NBC News, NBC Sports, NHL Videos and Highlights, NPR, The New York Times Video, Oddshot, Pastebin, Pinterest, Plays.tv, Podbean, Prezi, Reddit threads and comments, Rutube, Scribd, SlideShare, SoundCloud, Sportsnet, Spotify, Steam store, Stitcher, Straw Poll, Streamable, Team Coco, TED Talks, The Atlantic Video, The Guardian, The Onion, TinyPic videos, TMZ, Trailer Addict, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Ustream, VBOX7, Veoh, VEVO, Viagame, Video Detective, Videomega, vidme, Vimeo, Vine, VK, Vocaroo, Vox, Washington Post Video, WorldStarHipHop, The Wall Street Journal Online, XboxClips, Xbox DVR, Yahoo! Screen, Youku, YouTube, Zippyshare audio files.
Now, for those of you that use Google chrome as your browser, this is made much easier by being able to right-click on an image and select 'copy image address'
copy image address.jpg
copy image address.jpg (43.41KiB)Viewed 2938 times

To see how that works, having the image address of my facebook cover photo copied

Code: Select all

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154928207165264&set=a.10150432899040264.356376.513540263&type=3
shows

and the web address of a flickr image

Code: Select all

https://www.flickr.com/photos/villadismo/6894322670/in/photolist-bvecWf-aGracM-rhan42-qcGBJ8-5L8VmF-awVtVF-cAxTJW-oeUFWB-9xGDSc-np3RYK-6v71Dq-66vxBm-fjU1dU-buLtsd-oCoAH2-q9VGbR-pfsSUB-ozubgM-VdWU2B-76Qpe6-pwSYY3-bpsqqg-9xGCYB-6WeFsR-pcVmiy-5fFfGi-awVuHH-dhvT4H-dxSEAZ-eo2h5G-9xGEZT-6uKAiJ-4ZLjVE-6jEpVP-8jSyyg-nqJziY-pda9o2-6uKAcG-fSnX1Z-hY9qHn-sJsnP-oyq3Gc-pndjpq-mBPZLF-2BAYca-2Q2SU2-p28rkG-s69Yzu-pnYxzm-6pPy9Y
shows

Now, this does not work for every site, so if it doesn't, the image addresses will still need to have an [ img ] tag to display properly

This also means that you can also share video links directly into the site

like this youtube web address copied from the address bar

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agB8CFd8m8w
shows this

It's not a perfect solution, but it should help those that have their images already uploaded to the likes of facebook share them here a little easier
I'm that guy that does stuff to the site that no one really notices

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Media Integration

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:23 am

IMG_20170620_153647.jpg
IMG_20170620_153647.jpg (171.68KiB)Viewed 2933 times
Easy peasy
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Ninjachica
Posts:1984
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Media Integration

Post by Ninjachica » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:55 am

If Bob can do it, it can't be too hard!
If it ain't fun, don't do it

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Media Integration

Post by bobsnicholson » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:03 am

:-p :tup:
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Media Integration

Post by CantCorner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Giving it a go ........................... my previous bike
Attachments
My Camera 024.JPG
My Camera 024.JPG (118.94KiB)Viewed 2924 times
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
CantCorner
Posts:747
Joined:Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:57 pm

Re: Media Integration

Post by CantCorner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Note : I did need to re-size photos in "paint" .
It wasn't my fault , I was left unsupervised !

User avatar
Podgehog
Posts:45
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am

Re: Media Integration

Post by Podgehog » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:05 pm

yeah, this notification was about having a way to post items that are already on the internet rather than needing to upload

the available uploading image size is limiting here, but pictures posted elsewhere may be easier for some people to share