Good evening everyone!

Please post in here when you first join the site to introduce yourself to fellow members
Post Reply
User avatar
Podgehog
Posts:45
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am
Good evening everyone!

Post by Podgehog » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:42 am

Hey people,

I'm the guy in control of the background of this site

I won't really be very active on here, but figured I should at least say hello!
I'm that guy that does stuff to the site that no one really notices

User avatar
Podgehog
Posts:45
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am

Re: Good evening everyone!

Post by Podgehog » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:25 am

So, just to add

To my knowledge, only one member on here knows me, so here's a little intro

I started running my first forum back in 2006 which was the Uks only forum dedicated to the Vauxhall Astra Bertone editions, and in 2008 I started my own local car club / forum which we shut down last year due to inactivity (cheers facebook!)

I've helped create and run various others and as a result, was asked to create this one

As for my transportation... I don't ride. Not that I have anything against it; I consider myself far too reckless and simply wouldn't trust myself with the kinda bike I'd want to have, which currently is still a K3 GSX-R 1000

So, instead, I limit myself to the "safety" of 4 wheels, in the form of a Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T
I'm that guy that does stuff to the site that no one really notices

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Good evening everyone!

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:18 am

That's fair comment. And thank you for creating this forum. I trust it catches on. I was on the MCN forum that got closed down, for what ever reason we all have our theory's.
I will not do FB or any of the other popular ones, i simply do not trust them, recent news on FBs antics a case in point.
I am more a car man than bike although i do enjoy riding having ridden for 50 years ++
Anyway, i am thinking i will be the last man out of the door if this site does not happen over time.
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Piglet
Posts:749
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Good evening everyone!

Post by Piglet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:29 am

bobsnicholson wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:18 am

I am more a car man than bike although i do enjoy riding having ridden for 50 years ++
Riding bikes or camels? :devil:
"It's just banter." - Snev

User avatar
bobsnicholson
Posts:2579
Joined:Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am
Location:Cheshire

Re: Good evening everyone!

Post by bobsnicholson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:05 am

Piglet, Ha, last rode a camel in 1989 i think. 8-)
Work is for people that can't play golf.

User avatar
Beelady
Posts:1348
Joined:Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Re: Good evening everyone!

Post by Beelady » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:53 pm

I once owned a Vauxhall Astra, but just a basic model. I would MUCH rather have a Skyline. Lovely looking car. I had a Pontiac Firebird in the 1970's. That was quite fun compared to most ordinary cars at the time.
Now I own the dullest, most sensible and economical car I've ever owned. A trusty old Ford Fusion. For fun it has to be two wheels for me. I don't care how much it costs to run my bike but if I have to spend any money on the car I find it really painful, although after driving the Fusion for over 10 years I have developed a grudging respect for it's cheapness and reliability. Just as well because I can't afford to replace it.

Post Reply